New Year's Eve in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Does anyone have any interesting frequencies or systems that should be monitored or specific nypd channels for New Year's Eve?

I have all the sod and citywide channels programmed into my radio as well at the 17th pct.
what should be monitored closely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkstar350

I would definitely have all the citywide channels , the interop channels ,Metro 25 and maybe even some common or search the federal band (160-175/400-440)
Alot of federal is P25 and most likely encrypted however but its worth a shot
And if your in the immediate area close call is your friend ;)

n2nov

New Year’s Eve Street Closures

West 38th Street to West 59th Street between 6th Avenue and 8th Avenue will be closed at NYPD’s discretion beginning at 4 pm Saturday until 5 am Sunday for the Times Square New Year’s Eve Celebration.

Details are available on the NYPD web site at
NYPD Press Release - Traffic Advisory

The following streets will be closed Saturday from 8 pm to 12:15 am for New Year’s Eve at Coney Island:
The Boardwalk to Surf Avenue from West 8th Street to West 19th Street.

JustLou

Does anyone have any interesting frequencies or systems that should be monitored or specific nypd channels for New Year's Eve?

I have all the sod and citywide channels programmed into my radio as well at the 17th pct.
what should be monitored closely?

SOD should be nonstop on NYE.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Happy New Year All

And if the above suggestions are not enough and you have enough radios ;), try the UHF Doitt system AND the OneVoice Network for some "unknown" activity. Also, I don't know if there will be a "CAP" this year, but there has been in the past. (Combat Air Patrol from our military aircraft). If there is I will try and post the freqs here later tonight (if I'm still married, lol)
Wonder if Trump will stay in town. Doubt it. Although the Secret Service freqs are unusually active this morning.
Bob

Edit: Ch.7 news just said Trump will be at his retreat in Flordia for NYE. Should be a relief to the men in blue!

Last edited:

guilhermerrrr

What about Times Square specifically, do you guys know if there will be a channel reserved just for it, like citywide TAC channels? I don't believe they will use the Precincts south, 17 and north zone channel, it would be swamped with chatter.

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
Currently I am monitoring: FDNY Manhattan Dispatch, NYPD MTS-17-MTN, NYPD Citywide 1, NYPD Citywide 3, and I am currently scanning the tac/citywide channels. I am not able to pick up the control channel for the trunked systems in NYC from here unfortunately.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
So far I have:
BCD396XT #1 scanning MilAir for CAP
BCD396XT #2 scanning the Federal Band:
Kenwood TK-5310 scanning NYPD CW 1,2,3 ;MTS-17-MTN precinct; and Manhattan Transit
Whistler 1088 scanning UHF Doitt system
Pro-668 scanning DMR OneVoice Network
Watching Times Sq. Cams on Earthcam
On DOITT UHF system, OEM Exec , FDNY Events #3 , and Park Rangers talkgroups with majority of related traffic so far

Last edited:

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I have CW1, SOD, FDNY CW, EMS CW, PBMN, CW2 and MTS 17 scanning from Harlem as of now.

coolrich55

Couple others to listen to are the PAPD. Lot more activity tonight on the sod esu, path ,tac channels. Also there is a federal interop frequency that is usually patched with an nymac frequency for tonight. They do a roll call of different agencies at certain times.

coolrich55

I heard some testing going on earlier on the old New Jersey transit pd frequency 160.830. I'm assuming it's new year's eve related as I don't believe it's used regularly anymore.

coolrich55

It appears that as of a few minutes ago cw1 is being patched into a federal ICE frequency. At least that's what it's labeled in RR. If I remember that seems to happen every year. As midnight approaches more patches seem to occur. All digital on the federal side of course. Pretty interesting stuff. Yes citywide is pretty crazy. Just wait till midnight lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.