TRX-1: Receive delay and dropout

Status
Not open for further replies.

daredevil1

What's wrong with my TRX? It picked it up for a second then dropped out. You can see it light up after dropping out for 7 seconds. I had a BCD996T going off camera as well, hence the echo. Both Unidens were picking up the transmission and the TRX was not. I have tried several different antennas and locations with similar results. All were scanning the same two multicast sites. Sometimes the TRX will pick up transmissions first, but the Unidens don't drop out in the middle of a transmission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5jn77QZY_E

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Nice antenna on the Whistler; I really like that one.

First off, I am not sure I could think of a worse place to operate a scanner (okay, i could). Televisions create so much RF noise; it's just amazing. I did an experiment awhile back after reading about CIA screen reading technology. With just an RTL-SDR, I could not only tell when someone was on the computer in the other room, but I could determine if it was action or slow or fast (i.e. watching video or doing word processing work, reading) and how complex the image was.

I recommend moving your radios to a less noisy place. That could be part of your problem.

What is the exact site you are listening to? Can you post a link to either the RR or FCC page and let us know which site it is?

Simulcast can be a real pain with the consumer scanners. It's a toss up which will work best on a particular system.

What is your delay time? What is your squelch level?

Status
Not open for further replies.