PA turnpike 71.9 PL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Same here. I can receive Districts 1,4,5 and always have the 136.5 PL associated with them on search mode. Have you received those same districts with a 71.9 PL?

Mike

royldean

I'll add that I just got district 1 at 136.5, too.

[edit] I should note that my scanner (436HP) specifically shows PLs as "PLXXX.X". Manual states that "CXXX.X" can be CTCSS, DCS, and something else (can't remember). If the 136.5 is indeed a CTCSS tone, I wonder why there are two ways of showing that. Perhaps the "PL" is reserved for amateur frequencies? Meh, I digress.... a question for the uniden tech forums I suppose.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I'll add that I just got district 1 at 136.5, too.

[edit] I should note that my scanner (436HP) specifically shows PLs as "PLXXX.X". Manual states that "CXXX.X" can be CTCSS, DCS, and something else (can't remember). If the 136.5 is indeed a CTCSS tone, I wonder why there are two ways of showing that. Perhaps the "PL" is reserved for amateur frequencies? Meh, I digress.... a question for the uniden tech forums I suppose.

"PL" is just Motorola's proprietary name for "CTCSS" (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System).

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Thank you all,
There was a DB submission mentioning 71.9 CTCSS/PL being used and I cannot hear all of the districts from my QTH but knew I could count on our members to confirm.

Yes, we do our homework before changing the DB.

Dave

cdavisjr

I originally submitted a database submission about that P/L tone change. I forget where but I remember reading I believe in a copy of a turnpike statement that certain PL's were changed because of interference of some kind.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
It's the input pl for district 1. Output is 136.5

12dbsinad

Sure, but my scanner doesn't know what radio the signal is coming from. So why do some signals say "PL67.0" and others say "C136.5"?

It is just how it is interpreted. PL, CTCSS, C, C.TONE, etc... They all mean the same thing.

GE used to call it "Channel Guard" or CG.... you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.