Any Unication pager users in Georgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonus1331

I am currently monitoring with a BCD436HP in Meriwether County.
I spend a majority of my time monitoring the Troup County and WARRS P25 systems.
Although I'm less than 7 miles from either the Troup and Coweta County lines; I still have spotty reception with the 436. (I was unable to monitor the WARRS system when I was actually living IN Coweta County!)

The initial threads involving the new Unication pagers on P25 seem very positive.

I was wondering if anyone is monitoring in Georgia with the G4 or G5, and if so; where did you purchase and how is the performance?
TIA

SCPD

QRT
More of a third party reference but a friend of mine is stationed in the panhandle of Florida. He travels through Georgia on a regular basis passing through going back home and uses a few toys to monitor. He has said nothing but positive regarding the unication pager receivers and has not mentioned any distortion of simulcast using what he has unication wise. I believe he purchased his from a local shop communications dealer in Florida. I would imagine if any distortion existed he would have mentioned it being in communications for the military.

DanRollman

Database Admin
I use a Unication G5 in metro Atlanta. It works way better than my 436, and not as good as my Relm KNG radios. It is my primary GSP VHF P25 scanner, and I also use it to monitor 700/800 MHz P25 trunked systems when I don't have one of my KNG radios handy.

I use a CS750 and a CS751 for DMR.

Between all of these, I don't think my Uniden 436 has seen any use in a few months.

I really only use the 436 for "sleuthing" type activities now, like band searches and Discovery mode, which the other radios aren't made for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.