Radio Monitor Meeting, Sunday, 02-12-17 4:30 PM To 6 PM Bloomington Davanni's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As posted above, this is now official. There will be a meeting Sunday, February 12, 2017, at Davanni's Pizza, Bloomington, from 4:30 PM to 6 PM. The street address is 8605 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55420, Phone 952-888-6232. To give people a general sense of where this is, it is a few blocks south of I-494 and a few blocks east of I-35W. They also assured me that they still have free wifi.

Please note that there is a group before us from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. If you arrive prior to 4:30 PM, Davannis staff may still be performing clean up.

If anybody is interested in an official (or unofficial) talk in frequency, I can probably line up 146.700. The Minneapolis PL tones is 127.3. Please let me know if that is of interest to you. Home

Please consider bringing your equipment to show off to others. I am always interested to see how each receiver performs on the ARMER system.

As always, if someone wants to post this on the 146.760 Saturday morning net or the 146.850 Sunday evening net, that would be just fine. I can do it or, if someone here wants to volunteer to do it, please let me know.

https://www.davannis.com/location/bloomington/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...ec6d9756e5008f7!8m2!3d44.847597!4d-93.2880809

JASII

Memory Capacity
Okay, Superbowl 51 is behind is now. This is just a reminder that our meeting is this coming Sunday. As always, this will be informal. Just stop in, have some dinner, complain about the weather, and talk about the hobby.

Brts96

Premium Subscriber
Same here. Looking forward to the next one, got nights this time around.

anthonymodrow

Does anyone have a extra rubber ducky thats bnc that would work for my 996t i have a telescoping but dont think it works that well. Im up for trading it for telescoping

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

JASII

Memory Capacity
I just wanted to take a moment and thank everybody that attended this. I always learn a lot from you guys!

ic_geeps

Was there enough of a turnout to have another? I wanted to be there, but of course - I became ill during the afternoon and didn't want to spread this to others. Thanks for setting these up!!!

JASII

Memory Capacity
Was there enough of a turnout to have another?...

From my perspective, yes, very much so. I actually prefer when the numbers aren't huge. It seems like when the turnout is a lot of people, there ends up being two, or more, simultaneous conversations going on and you end up missing stuff. I just know that at the end of the meeting I leave knowing that I learned something valuable to the hobby.

Our next meeting may well be in the north metro area. I think that having one on that side of the area will be good. For my money, if we decided to have one near a location of interest, that would be fine, too. For example, I rarely go to Action Radio or Radio City very often any more. If we selected a place to meet for a meal, near Action Radio or Radio City, I might be inclined to stop in at those establishments.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Radio city is closed sundays so that would force a switch to a saturday morning or afternoon.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Radio city is closed sundays so that would force a switch to a saturday morning or afternoon.

That is an excellent point, Matt. Thanks for posting that. I looked up Action Radio and they are just Monday through Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.