BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Reverting to earlier version of firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Hi folks,
My 436 is currently at version 1.10.02 of the firmware. I would like to try the latest version of the firmware to see if it improves my P25 simulcast reception. However, if it happens to make things worse, I would like to revert back to my old version. I see a bin file in C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Updater which I think is the current firmware file. (correct?) Can I copy that file to another location, update to the new version, and if I wanted to revert back, bring my old copy back into the Updater folder to replace the newer version?

mitbr

Hi folks,
My 436 is currently at version 1.10.02 of the firmware. I would like to try the latest version of the firmware to see if it improves my P25 simulcast reception. However, if it happens to make things worse, I would like to revert back to my old version. I see a bin file in C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Updater which I think is the current firmware file. (correct?) Can I copy that file to another location, update to the new version, and if I wanted to revert back, bring my old copy back into the Updater folder to replace the newer version?
Sure can do this follow these instructions DO NOT UPGRADE VIA SENTINEL.
Open Beta for Digital Filter Improvements 1.11.20

1) Download and unzip http://redirect.viglink.com/?format...nfo.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Par...P_V1_11_20.zip
2) Connect your scanner to your PC and select Mass Storage mode.
3) Copy the appropriate firmware payload file into the "firmware" folder on your scanner.
4) Disconnect the USB cable. The firmware update should be applied.

If you dont like the firmware and want revert to the old one simply delete the latest firmware from the firmware folder and reboot your scanner it will reload the last version stored of the firmware.
Tim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.