PRO 96 HELP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

Ok so new to the "digital world" and tying to get things caught up and learn but it seems everything is done by the computer program now the win96 guess?

Looking to find out how to switch and monitor digital on the specific systems along with the federal NAC codes if it does that?

Also looking on help with trunking set ups, know the EDACS needs to be set up in logical order and bank 001 to start, just making sure this scanner is the same.

Tried looking up help links but the best found was how to "Clear all" data which helps me start from Zero.

Thanks
Steve

Ok so new to the "digital world" and tying to get things caught up and learn but it seems everything is done by the computer program now the win96 guess?

Looking to find out how to switch and monitor digital on the specific systems along with the federal NAC codes if it does that?

Also looking on help with trunking set ups, know the EDACS needs to be set up in logical order and bank 001 to start, just making sure this scanner is the same.

Tried looking up help links but the best found was how to "Clear all" data which helps me start from Zero.

Thanks
Steve

Steve the Pro-96 is not capable of doing NACs. You can program systems straight from the keypad of the radio and not just the computer.

GeneseeCoMI

Great scanner. I've owned 2 of them (bought my first one in 2004) and I've usually just programmed it by hand (although there's a feature in Win96 that lets you add several more frequency ranges). It's free to sample for 30 days, but it costs $20 to re-activate it after that. Official Win96 page. I assume you already have a programming cable?

If you'd rather just save the money and do it by hand, the instructions on how to program trunked systems starts on page 32 of the owner's manual, while programming digital conventional frequencies (note: they have to be set as MO, after its bank is set as Motorola, as explained in the trunked section) begin on page 30.

Official Pro 96 manual download

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.