I live in New London County in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrasports

Are there any scanner enthusiasts that could sit down with me and explain and show me how to set up and use all these programs with using the Uniden BCD436HP or BCD536HP.

I don't know how to upload this software to upgrade the scanner and/or dongle if I purchase the 536. Nor do I know how to set up programs such as sentinel or proscan to download frequencies that I want to listen to or set up favorites.

Let's face it I am an extreme newbie and need a huge helping hand to show me how to set my computer up and send me on my way with advice on how to do these things that need to be done to scanners of today to get the most you can from what I purchase.

If you live near me (Preston, CT) I really would appropriate the help.

Thanks!!

Steve

N1GTL

Database Admin
I would suggest ARC536 programming software and a RR membership to be able to download the channels you want to scan.

MFCJR

There are some good video's on YouTube that show you how to use Sentinel and set up favorite lists for the BCDx36HP Scanners. You can download Sentinel from the Uniden website and get yourself familiar with it and even set it up before you get the scanner.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Hi

I have a 536 and 3 - 996P2 scanners, i would go with the 996 over the 536 ANY day.
Much easier to program and easier to use, and not many feature differences.

Unless your looking for something the 536 does that the 996 does not save your self the hassle.

And I like the ARC software also

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I am trying to respond to your last two PMs, but this message comes up

hydrasports has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

You need to adjust your settings or drop me an email at fish@fwf.aero

ansky

I would suggest ARC536 programming software and a RR membership to be able to download the channels you want to scan.

The Uniden radios come with Sentinel software and there is no need to pay for a RR membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.