• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MD380 and TRBOwest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bears3312

I have dmr md 380 uhf 400 I put trbowest connect on mine sounds great I'm I post to put md tools on it gos green help

bears3312

that's quite correct. My md-380 will simplex on both time slots. My xpr7550 will communicate with the md-380, but will receive it on either time slot... :wink:

i have a little problem it tell me my id unknown can some help me please
thanks bears3312 ps it about connect trobowest

bears3312

hi guys I'm new DMR I have trbowest its in radio refence database I have its tell me id unkown
please help?
thanks bears3312 ps I have md 380 400/480 uhf model

bharvey2

hi guys I'm new DMR I have trbowest its in radio refence database I have its tell me id unkown
please help?
thanks bears3312 ps I have md 380 400/480 uhf model

You should start a new thread for this topic. You question is inclined to get lost in this subject. Also, you wouldn't want to be accused of hijacking a thread. Furthermore, your question is a bit unclear. It'd be best to reword it so that the problem you're having is better understood. I, and a number of people on this forum have MD380s so you should have no trouble getting the help you're looking for.

bears3312

dmr radio

hi guys I'm new to dmr I'm have trouble understanding some thing my radio says id unknown is a anther way fix it
thanks bears3312 trbowest wa/ore/id/

Last edited:

DotNM

Feed Provider
i need some can some one get me in right derction md 380 radio saying id unknown
thanksbeard3312

When do you get this "Radio ID Unknown" message and where do you see it? Is it in your programming software or on the radio itself? If on the radio, when does it happen (for example, only when you press the PTT?)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you want to TX on the TRBOWest system, you must get an ID from the system admins first. If you don't have a good reason to do so, you shouldn't even try.

bharvey2

As was stated, TRBOWest is not an amateur system but a commercial one. You need permission and an ID from them. It might also be trunked system in which case an MD380 won't work. Assuming you have an HAM license, why not try Pacific Northwest DMR?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
hi guys I'm new to dmr I'm have trouble understanding some thing my radio says id unknown is a anther way fix it
thanks bears3312 trbowest wa/ore/id/

Trbowest is a Motorola proprietary network. Your MD-380 will not work properly on it.

If you are wanting to transmit on that system, you need to get in touch with the system owners, and pay them to gain access to it. You WILL require a Motorola radio, capable of Connect Plus trunking, to be able to transmit on that system.

If you have not asked for permission, and have not been given an ID that has been provisioned by the system owners, you need to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.