How do I turn on my private messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrasports

I received a demerit due to my posting impropriety. I would really like to have this turned back on because I was conversing with a couple different members getting advice on the side.

Thank you!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Nobody turned it off and your profile shows it's still active.

What sort of error message are you receiving?

hydrasports

I must only be able to see it when I have an unread message. If not I do not know where to find private messages. What do I have to click to open private messages? Also I had 8 received messages but it won't let me send a message. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Thank you.

kma371

QRT
I must only be able to see it when I have an unread message. If not I do not know where to find private messages. What do I have to click to open private messages? Also I had 8 received messages but it won't let me send a message. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Thank you.

At the top of the page on right, it says private messages

ecps92

http://forums.radioreference.com/private.php
near the top of the forums page where is says

Welcome, Hydrasports
You Last visited: Yesterday at
and then the link to Private Messages
I received a demerit due to my posting impropriety. I would really like to have this turned back on because I was conversing with a couple different members getting advice on the side.

Thank you!

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
A couple of days ago, the "Private Messages" line did not appear for me; I simply reloaded my browser (edit for clarification: refreshed the page) and it reappeared.

I've been exchanging PMs with several people over the past few weeks without troubles.

QDP2012

Mine only says

Welcome, Hydrasports
You Last visited: Yesterday at

Nothing under that but the User CP FAQ Members List... etc bar.

If I am understanding your problem correctly, you might want to try this...

If you click on "User CP" and then after that page loads, go down the left navigation column, to the "Private Messages" section, you should be able to click on "List Messages" which should take you to the InBox where you can find your messages, or click on "Send New Message" to create a new one.

Hope this helps,

QDP2012

Yea!!! It now says Private Messages again!! thank you. How many messages can you have in your inbox before it is full?

If you follow these steps...

If you click on "User CP" and then after that page loads, go down the left navigation column, to the "Private Messages" section, you should be able to click on "List Messages" which should take you to the InBox where you can find your messages, or click on "Send New Message" to create a new one.

...then you should see a colored-bar that indicates how full your box is, and immediately above it a message that tells you that you have (count) of 150 messages total.

So, you are allowed 150 max combined total messages (inbox plus sent-messages).

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.