help with Howard county

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrolman123

Can someone give me a breakdown of the basic fire and police channels for Howard. I see the info in the database but Im not sure how the county uses the channels. It looks like a bunch of channels that are not necessary.

marksmith

Every county has a ton of channels that only become active in disasters.

For Howard, most activity takes place on the north and south police dispatch channels, though when some significant issue is taking place any number of tactical channels can become active.

For fire, the main dispatch channel dispatches most everything, then assigns a tactical channel for the instance. Typically bravo 1 as a fireground channel, or incident operations, and some of the others.
By listening to the dispatch, you can hear what channel is assigned.

My recommendation is to add all channels and listen. You will soon determine what you want to listen to. Since a lot of the channels are seldom active (but the activity is significant when they are).

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Who cares your scanner can hold all of them, if they annoy you, lock them out and then you will have what you want to listen to.

I always add everything and either turn the bank off or lock the channels that blab to much, its really not difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.