Strange audio on P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

Heard this talk group 9929 on new Kent system on wildcard and was wondering what this could be sounds like computer audio reading a book or a story ... any ideas what this could be ??

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 341

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Heard this talk group 9929 on new Kent system on wildcard and was wondering what this could be sounds like computer audio reading a book or a story ... any ideas what this could be ??

Probably for radio testing. Here in Oregon the Harris techs for the Oregon State Radio Project phase II system had a TG where male and female computer voices said the same series of phrases over and over in a loop. That way the techs could listen as they drove around testing coverage or equipment.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Diagnostic Rhyme Testing? DRT is a method of evaluating voice quality. I have a method using random numbers in a spreadsheet spoken by actual dispatchers and users.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Years ago, when NYPD were testing UHF repeaters, they used a long recording which appeared to be a novel based on the X-Files TV program. It was weird and it took me a while to realize that it was for testing!

Probably for radio testing. Here in Oregon the Harris techs for the Oregon State Radio Project phase II system had a TG where male and female computer voices said the same series of phrases over and over in a loop. That way the techs could listen as they drove around testing coverage or equipment.

Harris using the same computer voices in my county for the new system

Status
Not open for further replies.