If I own both the 536 and 436 can I use the same program of sentinel for both

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Since, I have been using Senital to program both my 536 and 436 Hp's. You should be able to.

If you have both of them hooked up at the same time. It will ask you which one to use.

Ok good luck.

marksmith

Yes you can. I don't know why you would hook them both up at the same time, but I have been using and maintaining just one fairly involved and detailed set of favorites lists for almost 2 years.

By doing this, all the quick keys and systems are exactly the same in both radios. Makes life easier.

Do the same thing with the hp1 and hp2 in that Sentinel version, and 396T, 396xt, 996xt, 996p2, 325p2, and 15x using Freescan.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I agree with the above.

The only thing I would add is this: If you want the 436 to "behave" a little differently from the 536, you may wish to consider creating separate Profiles. I have one 436 and two 536s. One of my 536's is in the house on an outside antenna. So I'm able to "pull in" signals on it that are too far away for the 436. So on the 436 profile, I'll set those distant Favorites Lists to be off by default.

My vehicle scanner has a different profile than the house. The only difference in these are some display options and a setting for GPS, versus a Virtual Control program I have.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It will load just fine. However once the scanner stops on a DMR channel, all you'll hear is noise because the format is not being decoded into something intelligible.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
It will load just fine. However once the scanner stops on a DMR channel, all you'll hear is noise because the format is not being decoded into something intelligible.
And that's where your profiles come in. Set the DMR channels to "avoid" (or just delete them) in the profile for the non-upgraded radio.

Minus1

Recently the BCD436HP became available in the UK under the model UBCD3600XLT. I expected it to share the same data as my BCD536HP, but find the two will not work together. Neither will recognise the other's files, even though both appear the same. I am presently having to cope with two separate sets of data. Do Uniden have any explanation, as there is no information provided on the SD card on which the setup file is provided.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Recently the BCD436HP became available in the UK under the model UBCD3600XLT. I expected it to share the same data as my BCD536HP, but find the two will not work together. Neither will recognise the other's files, even though both appear the same. I am presently having to cope with two separate sets of data. Do Uniden have any explanation, as there is no information provided on the SD card on which the setup file is provided.

I would use a text editor to see what the TargetModel shows as.
The BCDx36HP files first line is like this
TargetModel BCDx36HP

See what the UBCD3600XLT shows. Maybe you can find a utility that can edit the files to change the TargetModel or contact Uniden EU to ascertain if they have a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.