Anyone use a Unication G4/5 in Albany or Saratoga County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

10-75

Feed Provider
Just curious if anyone is using a Unication G4 or 5 in Albany or Saratoga counties and if so, how is it working out?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
A little outside of where you are looking for, but the sames state... I'm using one down in Nassau County and it works great.

PM me if you have any questions.

10-75

Feed Provider
w2lie,thanks for the response... I was wondering if anybody was using it in that area as I was looking for info on how they have theirs programmed as well as how it worked.... Didn't want to reinvent the wheel but it looks like I might have to.... Thanks again....

kc2smb

G5

I have a G5 on the Saratoga County and Albany County P25 systems. It works great ! It receives as well as a Motorola HT. They have really got a handle on the problems the scanners are having. Also have some conventional stuff in all well as conventional P25 (i.e. Schenectady ). There is s dealer in Glens Falls that is very helpful.

10-75

Feed Provider
That's great to hear.... I didn't have any doubt as to how they would work on the systems.... I was more interested in the programming of these systems into a G5. Would you mind sharing your programming file with me? I want to add these systems to mine as I will be living/working in these areas again in the future.....

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
That's great to hear.... I didn't have any doubt as to how they would work on the systems.... I was more interested in the programming of these systems into a G5. Would you mind sharing your programming file with me? I want to add these systems to mine as I will be living/working in these areas again in the future.....

if you still would like to see the pps file have let me know mines up and running minimal issues!

10-75

Feed Provider
if you still would like to see the pps file have let me know mines up and running minimal issues!

SRLFD-613,

If you wouldn't mind sharing your PPS that would be great.... I'm going to be working in Albany/Malta area soon and I wanted to get my pager programmed for that area. Seeing how you have yours setup would be a big help..... Thanks!

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
sure thing just pm me your email and ill let you check it out

wkredick

I have a G5 for saratoga county and it works fine. In fact I am a G5 dealer and we are selling more and more of them into the county as an alternative to Minitors due to being able to monitor the 800 side for updates and further infos from FireComm1. Some agencies in Albany county are also looking at the G5 for upcoming 800 system expansion. We were the first Unication Dealer in the capital region so we have quite a bit of experience with the products. Desktop chargers for G4/5 are forthcoming also.

kc2smb

Unication Dealer

Sorry Wayne but Northway Communications in Glen's Falls has been selling Unication since the beginning of Unication, starting with the G1 product, then G4 and now G5. By far has the most experience with the product line. Has units and accessories in stock, including charger amps for the G5. Who are you a dealer for, Albany Communications ? Heard they went out of business. Just wanted to set the record straight and give credit where it's due.

wkredick

Thanks for your input Steve. I was not aware NC was dealing Unication before August 2011 ,when they had limited catalogue, mostly dealt with restaurant pagers.We did beta tests on G1 in 2012. Kudos to them! Not out of business,ACM purchased by and merged with another radio dealer locally. I hope the record is straight now?

Last edited:

kc2smb

Unication

Well Wayne, I guess we both learned a little something. One thing I think we both agree on is that the G5 is a great radio that exceeds all expectations. All the best. Steve

brodeurm

Premium Subscriber
Code Plug Albany County

Hello, I am looking for a code plug for a G5 Unication Pager for Albany County. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.