Newbie - M'Boro, MTSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've read some of the newbie FAQs, etc. I am wanting to listen to Murfreesboro PD and/or MTSU PD. I believe they are in talkgroups in the 700 band? What requirements should a mobile scanner have to listen to these two agencies?

Thank you in advance for you help,

P.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
Murfreesboro PD is 460.3750 mhz. analog.Look at the following link on the Radio Reference Database: Rutherford County, Tennessee (TN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference You could just use a plain low priced analog scanner to receive them at this time. They may, however, migrate to a digital trunked system in the future.

MTSU PD is on the TACN trunked system on FDMA talk groups. You'll need a digital P-25 capable scanner. A good mobile/base scanner for the money is the Uniden BCD996P2. The upper end priced digital scanner is the Uniden BCD536hp, but the 996 will receive the MTSU traffic and other unencrypted traffic such as THP, TWRA, TDOT, and other local departments. It will also receive the Nashville Metro system. There are also other brands of digital scanners as well as prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.