Chesapeake P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpasq

I noticed yesterday the database info for Chesapeake's P25 system, was updated and added the West Police dispatch and Fire/EMS dispatcha and a Tac. i updated my scanner using the database, but as it has been all along for me, Inhave never heard any transmissions at all on my 436HP for this added system. My P16 (Motorola) system comes in loud and clear, for all of apChesapeake. Is anyone getting transmissions on the P25 system! (Especially where is says dispatch simulcast of the dispatchers)?

eallen1064

Chesapeake

I heard second hand that they were using the Harris P25, but went back to their Motorola system. Maybe it is just a bump in the road though and they will be back on the P25 soon. Good luck to them.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I heard second hand that they were using the Harris P25, but went back to their Motorola system. Maybe it is just a bump in the road though and they will be back on the P25 soon. Good luck to them.
Not so sure if they were using the P25 system, previously in the past they've patched one channel at a time, then removed the patch after about a day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

eallen1064

I think LeSueurC has explained why some people thought the P25 was live. Sometimes hearing traffic on the P25 does not mean they have gone to it full time yet. Good luck to them.

vpasq

Hmm, Imwill be monitoring it feverishly this week to see if I get anything. Thanks for the info everyone and keep the update posts coming! (Enjoy the warm weax today)

kc4jgc

I've chatted with a friend in CPD. She has no inside info on a switchover. In fact, she had no idea a new system had been constructed! She told me the mobiles and handhelds were in the radio shop for "updating" last fall. Other than that, nothing has been said. You'd THINK if a switchover is happening soon they'd know by now. She's no rookie; she's due to retire later this year.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
They will switch over on the 22nd and I don't know the exact time of the switch but they are on that day.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Getting what sounds like a patch, East Dispatch on the P16 to TG 303, East Dispatch on the P25

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Fire is switched over, sounds like they've got the P25 and P16 patched for PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.