DMR in Hartford Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I live in Canton (Hartford County) and i'm about to get a Uniden 536. I'm wondering if i should get the DMR upgrade when i order it. Is there much DMR to be heard in this area, whether it be public service, business or amateur radio? The RadioReference database doesn't show very much. Thanks.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Fair bit of businesses, both trunked and conventional. I don't recall any public safety that is DMR in the greater Hartford area, the commercial EMS groups haven't (yet) made the switch.
I know there is a bunch of ham stuff but I don't monitor it.
MotoTrbo is by far the most popular but the is limited NXDN around.

chris

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I have a bunch of DMR frequencies I will give you later I'm not home right now to see what I have UConn Medical Center in Farmington maintenances DMR First Student in West Hartford is DMR Saint Francis Hospital is DMR for security I have a couple more DMR stuff they would have a One Voice network system the as a bunch of businesses on it look I'm radio reference you can see it

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
I have a bunch of DMR frequencies I will give you later I'm not home right now to see what I have UConn Medical Center in Farmington maintenances DMR First Student in West Hartford is DMR Saint Francis Hospital is DMR for security I have a couple more DMR stuff they would have a One Voice network system the as a bunch of businesses on it look I'm radio reference you can see it
Thanks 55. I don't really need specific frequencies. I just wanted to see if there was enough to listen to, in order to justify the cost of the DMR upgrade. From what you said, it sounds like there are quite a few.

lightningx54

Feed Provider/Amateur Radio Operator
Feed Provider
Fair bit of businesses, both trunked and conventional. I don't recall any public safety that is DMR in the greater Hartford area, the commercial EMS groups haven't (yet) made the switch.
I know there is a bunch of ham stuff but I don't monitor it.
MotoTrbo is by far the most popular but the is limited NXDN around.

chris

Why would any public safety switch to DMR if P25 is the pushing standard?

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
DMR is significantly less expensive than P25.
P25 still does not have conventional Phase 2 to allow a second slot for voice or data but the DMR radios have that capability.
Interop can be accomplished with common analog fireground channels, shared radios, patches, etc. No different than different bands, P25 vs analog or Trunked vs conventional.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.