Bridgeton PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerGuys

Good Morning, Did anybody notice on Friday February 17, 2017 that the Bridgeton PD switched from their current Phase 2 TDMA talkgroup that is listed in the database to a Phase 1 talk group on this last Friday evening? It is currently showing up as a Phase 1 P25 Talk group ID. Could somebody here please change that in the database, that is a database adminstrator? I believe it should show up as a (D) next to the talkgroup labeled as Bridgeton PD 1 and also Bridgeton PD 2. Also on Bridgeton PD 2, I have heard the detectives talking on it, asking each other is this channel secure, they answer back and responded yes!!

Anybody else been monitoring them lately?

Thanks In Advance for the help!

Septa3371CSX1

I'm pretty sure the talkgroups are supposed to be P25 Phase 2. Now if a non-Phase 2 radio affiliates with the talkgroup(s) then it would revert to P25 Phase 1 until that radio leaves the talkgroup.

As far as the detectives saying the channel is secure, the term "secure" could mean something different to them than as we interpret it (encrypted). They're likely using the term "secure" to say they are on channel 2 and not the main channel. It could also be that they think the channel is encrypted and they don't have the selector in the correct position.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
I have heard Bridgeton PD using both Phase 1 and Phase 2 but it's not anything I haven't seen before with them.

Rob

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the TG for the sheriffs office and are they phase 2?

Unless something changed in the last 24 hours there still on there old system 155.8650. They sporadicly use the 700 when bridgeton first changed over. They were on TGID 4189, But I have't heard them there in months.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard Bridgeton all day, There TGID comes up for about 2 seconds with no audio, and then the scanner moves on. ??? Anybody else hearing them?

misfit138

Looks like it's time to almost start throwing away these 500 600$ scanners what a waste of money now for buying these things lol

Whether you are half-joking or not, it seems depressingly true, doesn't it?
I am currently utilizing an RTL-SDR to listen, which was in itself a very modest investment, but the extra time and effort put toward the antenna system and mast, grounding, bonding, and hunting down the software, frequencies and plugins is substantial. Time is a precious commodity, and hobbies require time.
It's a shame that the number of listenable channels seems to be evaporating in NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.