What can I use on this antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoky2

HI. I am new to the forum from Idaho. Looks like a great site. I picked up this surplus mil. antenna and it's from Germany or some other country. Any help would be great. Can i use it foe CB/ Ham ect. I hve alot of pictures but may not post all at one time.
Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0864.jpg
    DSCN0864.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 556
  • DSCN0865.jpg
    DSCN0865.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 560
  • DSCN0866.jpg
    DSCN0866.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 558
  • DSCN0867.jpg
    DSCN0867.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 566

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Post a few more photos, if you can. Can't quite make out the manufacturer, looks like Verket, but I'm only seeing the bottom half, so it's a partial guess.

Hard to tell from photos since there really is a good scale to compare it to. Looks military, but that doesn't mean much on it's own.

As for receiving...
Any conductive material will work as an antenna, but to varying degrees of effectiveness. Antennas are designed to be resonate on certain frequencies. The length of the radiator (vertical element) will dictate what frequency is resonates on. Without exact measurements and a bit more of a clue as to manufacturer, you are pretty much relying on someone having seen this model before to get an accurate description of what it is.

prcguy

How long are the elements? It looks like a fairly common military ground plane antenna for the 30 to 76MHz or possibly a little higher in frequency. If it were an antenna for that range and adjustable, there would be instructions on how to change element lengths for different frequencies. It may be a broad band and no element adjustments would be needed in that case.

The broad band 30 to 76 or 88MHz ground planes I've seen (and have) use elements about 5 to 6ft long each and there is a broad band matching circuit in the center hub.
prcguy

smoky2

Thanks very much guys. I will do some measuring and get more info. May take a day or 2 to get back.
The antenna looks almost new with case and every thing that goes with it. I just hope I can use it with something common, ham/cb
smoky

smoky2

More info, and picts.

There are 6 elements, 3 @ 30" 2 @ 38' and 1 @ 42"
Hope this helps. Would like to know what I can use with this antenna.

Attachments

• DSCN0868.jpg
    DSCN0868.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCN0869.jpg
    DSCN0869.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 352

nd5y

You are posting useless partial pictures of the instructions that cut off important information.
What is the manufacturer's name?
Did you even try googling the name and model number?

prcguy

It says the radio and antenna cover around 68 to 79MHz and I suspect you use combinations of the elements to cover that range in segments. The antenna doesn't have any use in its current configuration but you could cut it down to cover the VHF air band or 2m amateur or VHF commercial/public service band, etc. The mast might be useful to hold up another kind of antenna.
prcguy

This is a link to the antenna, looks like it's in Swedish to me.

http://www.wb6nvh.com/mystry/R70.pdf

majoco

Stirrer
Measure the vertical spike on top of the antenna. Multiply it by 4. Convert it to metres. ( roughly 40 inches = 1 metre.) This is the band that your antenna is tuned to. If you want to know what frequency that is, then divide 300 by the band. So that if your antenna spike is 20 inches long, then 4x that is 80 inches, which is 2 metres and if you divide 300 by 2 you get 150MHz. Radio is an exact science +/- 50% !

Status
Not open for further replies.