DMR in the Database need a new format

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone agree with me the things needed in the rrdb are not showing up? When it comes to DMR parameters like freqs and polarity are needed. Also color codes and discovered talkgroups. And finally what time slots those talkgroups were found? TS-1 TS-2.

troymail

Silent Key
The admins post what is provided to them by the submitter. Having said that, you're asking about alot of different things - some are almost always posted (frequencies, alpha tags, etc.) and others are either optional and/or not required/used (example: not used TS on trunk system talkgroups).

Are we misunderstanding your question? The other thing that comes to mind is that submissions aren't appearing/being updated by the admins.... If that's the case, I agree there does seem to be a wide range of responsiveness by the various admins. My local admin usually applies submissions within 24-48 hours but I've had other admins take weeks to actually apply them updates.

What specific system/channels (state, county) are you having issues with?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
When it comes to DMR parameters like freqs and polarity are needed.

Not sure what you mean by polarity?

The only things needed to monitor dmr conventional is frequency, group, colour code and slot.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Polarity only applies to DSD+ and DMRdecode etc...(Inverted etc...)
When we get the Slots, Color Codes, Talkgroups etc submitted we add them.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And this is important, because I'm betting most people don't know this - it appears this data is being kept at the site level, at least for the TRBO trunks. I only found this out by accident recently

To that point, I think this is something that should be announced publicly. I have yet to see such an announcement, and as I understand it, this has been captured (along with NXDN data) since last May. If you don't tell people about this, how are they supposed to know?

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Better

Ok that's what I wanted, the lcn and color codes. I would like +/- offset to program my dmr radio not the scanner. Thanks for pointing this info out.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You don't need the offset for RX purposes. If you have permission to be TX'ing on a particular system then you should have these details from the systems administrator.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
DMR DATA BASE

Do a Web search (DIGITAL FREQUENCY SEARCH ) I use this to download to the clip board on EZ SCAN SOFTWARE . You can get more information on DMR on that site to use for your WHISTLER or other DMR brand scanners. Hope this help you. HAVE A BLESSED DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.