Tualatin Valley Water District DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed a very strong DMR control channel on 154.1225 MHz in the Beaverton, OR area. Looking around on the FCC ULS site, I found that the Tualatin Valley Water District, a.k.a. Clearwater Services are going to a VHF DMR trunked system. This despited the fact that they have access to several talk groups on the WCCCA 800 MHz trunked system. FWIW, I've seen only VHF whips on the TVWD vehicles for years.

WPMG844 -

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WPMG844 - TUALATIN VALLEY WATER DISTRICT

In addition to these trunked frequencies, license shows them getting some of the VHF nationwide interoperability frequencies - 155.7525 MHz specifically.

No activity noted yet, just the control channel.

- Chris

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to determine the LCN order the last few days with my 436HP, but haven't had any luck yet.

Have you heard some users on it yet? I am scanning the channels conventionally but haven't heard anyone...

- Chris

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
This is a DMR Tier 3 system and either Uniden cant figure it out or it has some kind of Restricted Acess to System RAS. I made a debug log and opened the text file in notepad and it says CRC Error, so the radio can't figure out the control channel. When i put my 325P2 on the control channel i get gibberish instead of system and site info. There is a thread in the Uniden forums called DMR Tier III where Uniden is trying to figure similar systems out. I've gotten some ocassional traffic on it in conventional mode, maybe a few transmissions per week. My TRX 1 can listen to it since Whistler doesn't trunktrack.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Have you heard some users on it yet? I am scanning the channels conventionally but haven't heard anyone...

- Chris

No, I haven't been scanning the channels conventionally. I've just had the 436 parked in analyse mode on it for a little while each day. Friday I'll have a chance to let it run all day, so we'll see what happens. I only happened to discover the TV Water control channel because I've been running my Pro-2006 on VHF stuff recently. That old radio has no CTCSS ability, so their strong DMR control channel immediately locked up the radio on 154.13, Columbia County Fire, and also 154.115 Cowlitz Fire as soon as it came on the air. That signal bled over to both of those frequencies and I had to lock them out. SDR# helped me figure out it was 154.1225, then I just searched the FCC database and found the license.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed a very strong DMR control channel on 154.1225 MHz in the Beaverton, OR area. Looking around on the FCC ULS site, I found that the Tualatin Valley Water District, a.k.a. Clearwater Services are going to a VHF DMR trunked system. This despited the fact that they have access to several talk groups on the WCCCA 800 MHz trunked system. FWIW, I've seen only VHF whips on the TVWD vehicles for years.
Clean Water Services, Tualatin Valley Water District, and Tualatin Valley Irrigation are all different organizations. TVWD provides potable water to homes and businesses while CWS reclaims and treats sewer and storm runoff water. Not sure exactly how TVID plays a role, other than they provide water access rights for irrigation to rural areas. Whether they partner with the Joint Water Commission or not is unclear.

CWS and TVID have active talkgroups. TVWD does not.

Last edited:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
OK, so the control channel I heard a year ago is no where to be found now. I've been scanning all of the TVWD frequencies that were on the new license but nothing heard.

Wonder what happened to this system?

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.