Pima County Scanner Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayfreq

Hey Guys,
Ok, I'm getting ready to take the "Phase 2 Plunge" and invest in either a Uniden P2 Scanner, Unication G4 Pager or if I can find it at a price without incinerating my wallet, a RELM Phase 2 KNG P800 Portable. I just need to find out if anyone knows or has an inside contact: Are there ANY plans in the future to Encrypt the dispatch Talk Groups for TPD, PCSO, and the newly forming Pinal SO system??

Thanks for your help!

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Unfortunately, there is NO way to have that answer of encryption answered. If the entities have spare money and have developed a need to encrypt, it would happen, my two cents, without warning to us.

Hey Guys,
Ok, I'm getting ready to take the "Phase 2 Plunge" and invest in either a Uniden P2 Scanner, Unication G4 Pager or if I can find it at a price without incinerating my wallet, a RELM Phase 2 KNG P800 Portable. I just need to find out if anyone knows or has an inside contact: Are there ANY plans in the future to Encrypt the dispatch Talk Groups for TPD, PCSO, and the newly forming Pinal SO system??

Thanks for your help!

DanRollman

Database Admin
Hey Guys,
Ok, I'm getting ready to take the "Phase 2 Plunge" and invest in either a Uniden P2 Scanner, Unication G4 Pager or if I can find it at a price without incinerating my wallet, a RELM Phase 2 KNG P800 Portable.

Be careful including the Unication G4 in your list for the "Phase 2 Plunge". The G4 (and G5, for that matter) do not currently do Phase II, although the company has said they are working on a paid firmware update that would allow this.

I monitor Phase I and Phase II on my Phase 2 capable KNG radios, but I can only use my Unication G5 for Phase I.

Dan

2wayfreq

Thanks for the replies. Yeah true, until the G4/G5 come out with The Phase II update, no dice. Hopefully it wont add too much additional cost. I'm also looking at a 436HP for out here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.