DSD+ and Unitrunker on Pi with GUIs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

I have enjoyed using SDR#, UT, and DSD+ on my windows machine. My experience with Linux is minimal. Are the applications that will allow the the above programs to work on RPI without using the terminal too much? I am decoding P25. I want to learn, but doing all configs via terminal seems intimidating for a rookie.

SCPD

QRT
I spent a few minutes beating my head on the desk searching this one out to help you out. The only thing I could find that might run that even comes closest is SDRTrunk. It's a Java based app that runs on Linux. Raspian is more or less a derivative of Linux. Well worth the try.

https://github.com/DSheirer/sdrtrunk
I think DSD+ has a Linux build too. Some bit of googling might land you on to a good build.

I don't have answers on how to operate the software. All I know is Unitrunker.

slicerwizard

I spent a few minutes beating my head on the desk searching this one out to help you out. The only thing I could find that might run that even comes closest is SDRTrunk. It's a Java based app that runs on Linux. Raspian is more or less a derivative of Linux. Well worth the try.
I thought SDRTrunk was fairly resource intensive. Doesn't sound like Pi material.

I think DSD+ has a Linux build too.
Never heard of a Linux build of DSD+. It's a Windows app, but can be run under Wine, IIRC.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
I thought SDRTrunk was fairly resource intensive. Doesn't sound like Pi material.

Have tried it on a Pi3 and while it does load and start, it eventually crashes due to memory. That was the beta 2? I believe, have not ran the 3.0 betas on a Pi.

Status
Not open for further replies.