How to enter aTGID

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Is there a way, (with the HP2 with extreme upgrade) ,to enter an TGID that is not in the database? The TGID is 57914. This is with the (Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network).

I can't enter it in the Radio Reference database because, i don't know who it is.

I don't here it very often ,but it is strong in this area. I heard it yesterday at a fire at a house that was burning down.

This is in Tishomingo County, Mississippi.

Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you are scanning using Favorites Lists, you can use Sentinel to add this as a channel.

If you are scanning only the full database, then you'll have to get it entered to the full database. It could be submitted to the database administrator for your state as an "Unknown XYZ County Fire Talkgroup".

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way, (with the HP2 with extreme upgrade) ,to enter an TGID that is not in the database? The TGID is 57914. This is with the (Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network).

I can't enter it in the Radio Reference database because, i don't know who it is.

I don't here it very often ,but it is strong in this area. I heard it yesterday at a fire at a house that was burning down.

This is in Tishomingo County, Mississippi.

Thanks
See this post or step by step entry using the Extreme Upgrade.

What you might try, once you enter it, is hold on that talkgroup the next time there is a structure fire in the area. Since you only hear it occasionally, and in this case during a working fire, it may be a fireground frequency.

Looking at the talk group ID sequences in MSWIN, I suspect it is a Tishomingo County fire channel.

bee

Someone posted this in the MSWIN files.

57914 County Fire
57915 Fire North
57916 Fire South
57925 School Police
57899 Iuka police

This is in Tishomingo County Mississippi

I would like to know whom did this. Are you from Tishomingo County'

And where did you find this information?

Thanks

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Someone posted this in the MSWIN files.

57914 County Fire
57915 Fire North
57916 Fire South
57925 School Police
57899 Iuka police

This is in Tishomingo County Mississippi

I would like to know whom did this. Are you from Tishomingo County'

And where did you find this information?

Thanks

Forgot to add, any MSWIN favorite list you make. Add another system called Unidentified or something and add those in there. Heck with an alarm. They speak, you'll hear immediately. Also to answer your question without being the one that submitted the info, or at least help you understand the database. The weekly database to your scanner is updated once a week. Check the date on it. During the week there will be submissions that will be included in the next update. Best advice is to check the main database on your scanner and check for any updates (blue or green for example) that may not be on the last update yet. After all that and you can't find the TG, add it to an unknown list and try to figure it out before you submit. And as stated, post it in the appropriate thread so that other nearby listeners can help identify it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.