• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Off/On Duty Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTO_04

What is the difference between the Off and On Duty Status on the G5? I have been unable to tell the difference so far.

GTO_04

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Usually used for call-backs of shift workers. Off duty tone will always alert. On-duty only alerts when pager is selected to on'duty. The G5 can automatically set duty status by time (and maybe day, I can't remember). It is also a manually set option.

Personally, I have my station tone set as on-duty and all-call for off-duty. My pager's on-duty schedule automatically turns off at night so I don't get alerted for minor calls but still want to know about bigger ones. (I'm contractually obligated to not work outside employment 8 hours before reporting to my full time job)

I'm still trying to figure out how to configure on/off duty status for p25 talkgroups. Any ideas? So far it silences everything.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
We used the selector knob to make an off duty position, and only have the department all call, and county wide alert in that position.

Sent via Tapatalk

W8VI

I accidentally set the Duty Status settings to Auto and it muted the speaker during Off Duty hours. Everything worked except for no sound and the display showed a small speaker with a hash mark.

If you select from the PPS software D / 7 then Duty Status Settings and chose Auto you can select what hours and days the G4/G5 will mute the speaker. It is set for 0900 to 1800 and it goes to Mute from 1801 to 0900. It nearly drove me crazy trying to find out how to turn off the Mute.

Duty Status: When Auto mode is selected the speaker is muted during those selected off duty hours.

Last edited:

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
We used the selector knob to make an off duty position, and only have the department all call, and county wide alert in that position.

Sent via Tapatalk

How did you do that? I've been trying to set up duty status by knob position like a minitor, but haven't figured it out yet.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
How did you do that? I've been trying to set up duty status by knob position like a minitor, but haven't figured it out yet.

Our off duty only alerts for our deparment's all call, and the county weather alert. We used one position to mirror the on duty alerts, but utilizes vibrate instead of tone, and push to listen.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.