Any North Jersey HAM Repeaters To Run Skywarn Nets With Upcoming Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I am just curious if Skywarn or OEM will be activated on any of the north jersey ham repeaters (union, essex, middlesex county areas) with the impending huge snowstorm approaching?

I've heard the following county's Skywarn nets active this winter:
Bergen-146.7 PL 141.3
Passaic=440.95 PL 97.4
Middlesex-146.76 PL 156.7 linked to 443.2 141.3 PL
Since the other snowstorms were much smaller than this one is forecasted to be its probably safe to say that these will be activated.

Analogrules

Ok thanks. I will probably monitor the Middlesex County repeater, since that one comes in the best out of the three mentioned from my location.

I do know that at least at one time, 147.505 Springfield NJ was used by their OEM (might be interesting to see if any activity is heard there). Also northern Monmouth County's OEM repeater is 145.485.

Analogrules

Ok. I know the W3BXW repeater closest to me is in Somerset County. I can hit it, but barely from my handheld. But, good to keep in mind.

I have always wondered why they call it the BEARS linked repeater, when there is another linked repeater system called BEARS in connection to WABC. Here is a link for that one. Broadcast Employees Amateur Radio Society, Inc. (BEARS)

Status
Not open for further replies.