Adding sample audio to each DB Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Could it be possible to attach a audio sample of the site or system on the database as a reference as to what's carried on that system and what it sounds like, especially these not very used frequencies or systems...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

marksmith

Not sure exactly what purpose that would serve. The sample might be very unlike what you might listen to.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And would require massive infrastructure changes and with statewide systems be futile.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Unlikely

I can say that's pretty unlikely; the amount of server space needed for storage of the files alone makes it impractical, especially when talking about trunked systems, some with hundreds of talkgroups.

In addition, a single clip wouldn't really be representative of the variety of traffic and personalities to be heard out there on a conventional frequency, and trunked systems would be even worse. With the wide variety of users found on them, a single clip wouldn't even begin to capture the variety.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you want to hear a sample of the audio of a particular system, you should register on Broadcastify. As Tom says. it would take an enormous amount of server space, not to mention time and effort, for such a task

Mike

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking just 15 sec next to the entry. I stream scanner already on Broadcastify, not to upload to the scanner.. Like DMR for example is businesses here and multiple businesses use one license, it may just be helpful to know what they would hear in case the exact company would be in question

marksmith

There is no way anybody could draw any conclusions about a system or frequency by listening to 15 seconds, and it would take massive changes to the site, which does a great job now.

If you are really into this hobby at all, program it in and listen to it. That's why you have the radio.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

ecps92

Yea...
I thought it was just to ID what P25, DMR etc sound like.

I hope it never occurs as well. A Short clip from something or routine event would have no bearing on what you are hearing, especially since TAC are prohibited from feeds.
Nope. Not what he wants. He wants an actual audio clip of commas on system as an preview. For one I pray we never do that. Want to know what's on it? Read the db entries prog it in and monitor!

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

ecps92

the chances of the same dispatcher talking to the same driver/delivery/ambulance being heard, and be the same as the audio clip...you'd have a better time with the Lottery
I was thinking just 15 sec next to the entry. I stream scanner already on Broadcastify, not to upload to the scanner.. Like DMR for example is businesses here and multiple businesses use one license, it may just be helpful to know what they would hear in case the exact company would be in question

Status
Not open for further replies.