Wv business dmr listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that when you look here on this site for the business for the counties for example to mention a few Wyoming , Mingo, Logan the DMR listing is not shown. I am talking about the main county page. I know they have some law and schools shown for DMR but, what about the other businesses? I think it would be nice if they did so my software would be able to program my scanner with the business DMR also. I think that for Wyoming county there is 77 DMR listing's I found on another site. So with scanner's now having DMR and more what do you all think.?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Business are usually listed under the "Other Agencies" tab on the RR DB. I looked at the 3 counties you mentioned and they do not have any DMR freqs listed. I'm not saying that none exist but only that none have been submitted.

You should be able to program any freq you want, DMR or any other, using the software for either the Whistler or Uniden scanners.

If the other site you are taking about is Digital Frequency Search, it just searchers the FCC database. Those freqs listed are not necessarily confirmed but only licensed which means they may not be in actual use.

Last edited:

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Wv DMR business listing

Thanks for the very quick reply and the helpful advice. The digital frequency search I had mentioned from out of all the listing for one county only had 7 that could be added to the clip board download. On another county only 11 could be added for the clip board on the EZ SCAN software for download. So far the only DMR from that site which radio reference already has is the WYOMING COUNTY BUSES that I can receive However upon receiving them it sounds kinda garbled . It is close to decoding but no cigar. As far as the others I have not picked up anything yet. and I am close enough to them and the repeater to receive them. THANK YOU SO MUCH I NEED THE HELP GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the very quick reply and the helpful advice. The digital frequency search I had mentioned from out of all the listing for one county only had 7 that could be added to the clip board download. On another county only 11 could be added for the clip board on the EZ SCAN software for download. So far the only DMR from that site which radio reference already has is the WYOMING COUNTY BUSES that I can receive However upon receiving them it sounds kinda garbled . It is close to decoding but no cigar. As far as the others I have not picked up anything yet. and I am close enough to them and the repeater to receive them. THANK YOU SO MUCH I NEED THE HELP GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
If they sound garbled they may be encrypted. What scanner are you using? You don't have to copy/paste the info into EZScan. You can manually put in what you want.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Wv DMR business listing

I am using the WHISTLER TRX-1 scanner and EZ SCAN software. You can almost understand them but not close enough to understand. It does not sound like it is encrypted like many of the other encryptions I have listen to before. I have read on other sites about how on different system's in different states how the TRX-1 does not decode DMR properly but these people that post this had said their BEARCAT scanner did decode the DMR fine. So I don't know. I am new to all this. I program my own code plugs for my MD 380 DMR . It will pick up the WYOMING COUNTY BUSSES but sound's the same as the TRX -1 So with all said that is all I know. Anyone else that has more knowledge to help come on down and post. I need all the help I can get. It could be as you said. Just can not listen to it. Once again I thank you all and MAY GOD BLESS

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Wv DMR business listing

Yes , everything is up to date according to the software update. If they have a privacy setting how can a person find out what it is. It is loaded on the scanner as it is from Radio Reference and the software. I have not changed any of the scanner setting's.

troymail

Silent Key
...and if you're used to listening to only analog, digital voice will sound more robotic, even garbled - until you get used to hearing it. It's takes a bit for your ear to learn to listen to some digital.

It could also be the people talking as well... listening to non public safety users is like learning a new language (compounded by the "digital hearing learning").

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Wv DMR business listing

On my MD 380 DMR I talk with other DMR ham users around the world. they sound crisp and clear and clean and not like a robot. Q5 What I am saying is the 380 for $99.99 has the same sound for the WYOMING COUNTY BUSES as the over $500.00 TRX-1 That is made for tier 3 DMR operation You would think for the money this system would be understandable. But of course it seems that no one knows if this system has a privacy setting or what. All I know is it is garbled . Not robotic.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I have not had the chance to listen to other DMR systems on the TRX-1 yet. However perhaps the system I am trying to listen to can not be decoded on the TRX-1. or any other scanner. My wife is a teacher. The county went DMR and we use to listen to the buss driver's for they would get a school cancelled notice first and they always reported the road condition's.

troymail

Silent Key
On my MD 380 DMR I talk with other DMR ham users around the world. they sound crisp and clear and clean and not like a robot. Q5 What I am saying is the 380 for $99.99 has the same sound for the WYOMING COUNTY BUSES as the over $500.00 TRX-1 That is made for tier 3 DMR operation You would think for the money this system would be understandable. But of course it seems that no one knows if this system has a privacy setting or what. All I know is it is garbled . Not robotic.

I have a MD-390 and the digital voice on my TRX is as clear as it is on the MD-390 -- so, there must be something else at play.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Wv DMR business listing

Well, It must be the system I am trying to listen to. All I did was download. I changed nothing on the TRX-1 I ask for help from WHISTLER a few days ago and they have not responded.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Troy, if they are encrypted or have a privacy setting, where can one find out if they are. For all I can say is it has to be the system itself.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Troy I really thank you for the help. It just gets frustrating when you hope to listen to something and spend that kind of money and can not. But, that is the way it goes. I was just trying to help my wife. I have to run so I will try to catch you later.. Perhaps I can talk to you on 380 someday.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Wv DMR business listing

Troy, I was able to listen to other school DMR systems the other day. loud and clear and not garbled. So it must be the Wyoming bus system being a private setting I guess. I just thought I would let you know. Thanks for everything my friend and MAY GOD BLESS.

troymail

Silent Key
Troy, I was able to listen to other school DMR systems the other day. loud and clear and not garbled. So it must be the Wyoming bus system being a private setting I guess. I just thought I would let you know. Thanks for everything my friend and MAY GOD BLESS.

Good to hear -- not knowing what the "garbled" channels sound like makes it hard (can you post a recording or two?).

It could be "basic privacy" which to me sounds like people "whispering" - at least that which I've heard around here does.

It could be encryption --

It could be something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.