Need Help Please 325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

milcom_chaser

The BNC antenna that came with this radio is so incredibly tight fitting, that I can not get it seat down and turn. I'm using another antenna as I did not want to risk damaging the BNC connector and or the radio itself. I called in to Uniden tech support, and went a around a few times explaining this issue. I requested Uniden simply send me another antenna to as a simple solution only to be thwarted repeatedly. I was told the techs need to evaluate the radio, I again said other antennas fit without risk of damaging the radio, which means the bnc jack on the radio is fine so this is an antenna problem. I don't want to tie up the radio for 4 weeks when it's clear the issue is with the antenna itself. Would be simpler just to send out a replacement antenna. I find this frustrating, and lacking perspective, a bigger picture with the customer in mind...

Thank You.

DJ11DLN

I agree; they should just send you a new antenna, along with a return label so you can send the defective one back. Refusing to do so shows a basic lack of respect for the customer. They can measure the connector on the antenna and see if it's not symmetrical or undersized or damaged however, no need to put your scanner at risk by shipping it, and deprive you of its use for however long it takes them to "evaluate" it. If the antenna turns out to be OK when they get it, the problem could be followed up further at that point.

Never mind that most stock scanner ducks are junk and few of us have them actually attached to radios (I've got several in a drawer); it's the principle, I understand that.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Another possibility is that the pin in the center of the antenna connector has been bent, and needs to be straightened out.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
You pay the postage (US only) and you can have the OEM antenna that came with my 325P2. I've never used it, I've got an stubby UHF/800 that works perfectly for listening to my system.

But yeah, Uniden should send you a new antenna. I mean we're talking about a $2.00 cost part max with shipping to keep a customer who spent close to $400 on a product happy.

pb_lonny

I had an issue with my UBC126AT which I purchased from a dealer in another city (4 hour return trip away) that the batteries would not hold a charge when new. Rather than stuffing around for a $5 item, I just moved on and purchased some batteries myself.

lucky43113

The BNC antenna that came with this radio is so incredibly tight fitting, that I can not get it seat down and turn. I'm using another antenna as I did not want to risk damaging the BNC connector and or the radio itself. I called in to Uniden tech support, and went a around a few times explaining this issue. I requested Uniden simply send me another antenna to as a simple solution only to be thwarted repeatedly. I was told the techs need to evaluate the radio, I again said other antennas fit without risk of damaging the radio, which means the bnc jack on the radio is fine so this is an antenna problem. I don't want to tie up the radio for 4 weeks when it's clear the issue is with the antenna itself. Would be simpler just to send out a replacement antenna. I find this frustrating, and lacking perspective, a bigger picture with the customer in mind...

Thank You.

I have the same radio same issue its a very tight fit but i got mine on ended up replacing it anyway but it did fit just very tight

Status
Not open for further replies.