Sentinel software

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

I am learning my BCD436HP. I programed my local FD/PD via Sentinel, yet I am not hearing all the FD calls it seems. In reference to FD, I am hearing the dispatch, but not fireground traffic. Instead of me programming the scanner for my city's FD/PD, is there a way to simply select my city when I enable zip code scanning? Basically pleasing Hold when I see my desired system and adding it to a FL? I feel this would be quicker since the Uniden DB has already done the work for me. Thank you for any assistance.

movinon

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have Fire-Tac and Fire-Talk turned on in Service types in Profile in Sentinel.

trauts14

thank you. i now have to open Sentinel and learn how to do that. i did not think about setting service types.

trauts14

I found a tutorial via Youtube on that very matter, and it was helpful. Will my FL be present if I travel out of town and decide to upload/utilize a database from a zip code? Currently, I have the database setting disabled. I wanted to ensure my FL would not disappear if I chose to upload a database for a given state or zip for example. Thanks for the assistance.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The database is always there. All FL's that you've uploaded to the scanner will remain until you delete them (i.e. set them not to download in the profile, then write to scanner w/Erase FL on Scanner selected).

trauts14

thank you. under set service types i did not see "marine vhf." i believe somewhere i saw an option for "coast guard" or "marine." is there a "marine vhf" option, or is it just me imagining? the new uniden scanners are great. they are more like computers than scanners.....with that comes a period of learning. gone are the days of simply entering a freq and scanning...for the most part.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
thank you. under set service types i did not see "marine vhf." i believe somewhere i saw an option for "coast guard" or "marine." is there a "marine vhf" option, or is it just me imagining? the new uniden scanners are great. they are more like computers than scanners.....with that comes a period of learning. gone are the days of simply entering a freq and scanning...for the most part.
In Sentinel, click on the main US Database, near the top of the left side window. Click on US to expand it to the list of states.
Now, click on your state.
Next, find your county & click on that to expand.
Under your county, click on the Nationwide systems folder.
In the right side window, you'll see a list of the contents of that folder.
One of them is Maritime USA
Click on that system so that it's contents are shown in the right side menu.
Looking at the list of frequencies, you'll see that the normal Vhf Marine channels have a service type of "Transportation". Make sure you enable that type.

Looking at the rest of them, for port operations and ship-to-shore, those have a service type of "Other", and 'Coast Guard Only" uses the "Federal" service type.

If using a Favorites list, you can <right><Click> on that 'Maritime USA' system & append it to the Favorites list of your choice. Just be sure that the listed service types are enabled in your Profile.

While the x36HP scanners (436HP & 536HP) are set up to use Favorites lists and location, at your option, you still have the ability to simply one or more frequencies of your choice into a Favorites list and scan it. Manually adding a frequency gives it the default Service type of 'Custom 1', so that would need to be enabled. Or, simply change the service type to the corresponding service type that it is used for.

movinon

Premium Subscriber
I understand now. thanks for that, i appreciate it.

It takes a while to wrap your head around the relationship between Sentinel and the scanner.
Lots of you tube stuff as mentioned above.

Glad you are getting there!!

ludek-brno

Sentinel for UBCD3600XLT

I need Sentinel software for EU type UBCD3600XLT.
Is there a link to download ?

paparazzo

Feed Provider
It's on the Scanners SD-Card. You can directly install from there on you PC while the Scanner is in USB Mass-Storage mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.