Digital Loggers 16 port Multicouplers

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Loggers multicoupler

Hey Rich, I asked about this unit a few years ago. Seems the specs are ok, some noise more than Stridsberg units. I suspect you are gonna try one out? I'll stay away from it. Too much money for a trial. If they wanted to sell them more they should post a youtube demo with 16 scanners hooked up. I'd be looking for port isolation issues which seem ok according to the posted specs? Might be better if this could be powered by a switching power supply at 13.8 volts?

rbm

Has anyone found a decent 16-port multicoupler that they like?

Yes.
I've built quite a few of them myself. ;)

Rich

I use these with antenna mounted pre-amps on six antennas.
(ignore the Holland pre-amp and DC Block. This is my 'portable' version)

I use mostly RF Bay, Inc. LNA-1000 amps.

Frequency Range: 10-1000MHz;
Noise Figure: 2dB at 500MHz
Gain: 30dB at 1GHz
P1: 11dBm
IP3: +23dBm
DC Voltage: +9 to 15V

Both of my Broadcastify feeds and 10 private feeds (and other scanners) are fed with one antenna and two of these.
A total of 32 scanners on one ST2 antenna.

Last edited:

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Telewave power divider and whichever preamp I can locate is usually how I build multi-couplers…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandon

Database Admin
I use the Digital Loggers 16 port for many years after my Stridsberg died. It has been rock solid for my use and I still use it today, although I never had all 16 ports occupied. I have BNC terminators on the unused ports.

RFI-EMI-GUY

They do have a pretty comprehensive manual. I am surprised I never heard of this vendor before.

https://www.digital-loggers.com/rfm.pdf

Other alternatives might be to buy used TX-RX or Microwave Associates multicouplers from e-bay auctions. The bandwidth is usually wide enough for LMR bands. Bear in mind a filtering arrangement may be called for. Usually these amps are preceded by a band filter so if you expose them to an antenna seeing the entire spectrum, the amps will be over driven, the noise and IMD will rise.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
They do have a pretty comprehensive manual. I am surprised I never heard of this vendor before.

https://www.digital-loggers.com/rfm.pdf

Other alternatives might be to buy used TX-RX or Microwave Associates multicouplers from e-bay auctions. The bandwidth is usually wide enough for LMR bands. Bear in mind a filtering arrangement may be called for. Usually these amps are preceded by a band filter so if you expose them to an antenna seeing the entire spectrum, the amps will be over driven, the noise and IMD will rise.

I've had a few of their power management products (mid-span PoE for example) but I've largely migrated away from them to managed PoE switches. Noticed they had those multicouplers but at the office I had so many power dividers and pre-amps laying around I just built a couple from spare parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.