Programming BCD996T with FreeSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxx

Hello

After a frustrating session of playing around (not knowing what I'm doing), time for some help.

The talkgroup input is not an issue.

I have FreeSCAN, a BCD996T scanner, and I'm trying to set up scanning for the OPP (digital only) using the Cedarwoods tower in Kitchener.

I'm having very limited success. Under Trunked System Setup I feel safe in selecting 'Mot Type II / P25. Am I correct? Before moving on to the Site Setup page, I'd like to sort out every possible option on this initial page.

There are options for 'Use Motorola Status Bit', 'Use Motorola End', 'Use Digital Motorola End' and then a box that just says 'Enable'

Beneath this are XT Options. Do these apply to my scanner, or can I disregard them?

Any help or direction to specific help on the internet or this site is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hawket

Here is information from one that I programmed:
1. Mot Type ll/P25
2. Under General Options Tab a) Use Motorola End Code is Checked b) Use Digital Motorola End Code is checked.
3.EDACS ID FORMAT a) Decimal is checked
4. ID MODE a) ID Scan is checked
5 .XT OPTIONS: a) Enable Analog AGC is checked b) Enable Digital AGC is checked

Anyways this is the way that one I programmed and it worked.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Before you go get too frustrated, we have a wiki article that contains links to just about everything you need to learn and understand not just what to do, but more importantly, why something is done the way it is...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Many find the Easier to Read manuals (linked at the bottom of the above) a better read than the junk Uniden put together. In addition, FreeScan's user guide is also linked there

HTH...Mike

Lexxx

Thanks for the advice. I've read most of that and am still quite frustrated.

Must be something obvious I'm missing.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.