• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5 tinny audio issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've got a G5 that is experiencing the "tinny" audio issue probably related to the battery pack screw tightness issue.

Does anyone know what the repair process is for this? I've somewhat been able to resolve the issue by loosening the screws on the battery pack for the G5, but obviously I'm interested in the long term fix for this.

mharris

Premium Subscriber
Email David from Unication and ask to be mailed a new back door. That's what I did and it arrived in the mail a few days later.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Email David from Unication and ask to be mailed a new back door. That's what I did and it arrived in the mail a few days later.

I emailed him regarding this same issue back on November 2nd. Nearly three weeks passed without a response, so I emailed him again on November 19th. His reply then was simply, "Waiting to receive more from Taiwan." I haven't heard a peep since, and still have to do a battery pull on my G5 about once a week due to this audio problem as backing the screws out was not a 100% effective fix.

radios4bill

Could you possibly post a video of the tinny sound v regular? I have had mine for a week now and i think my receive is that way also but I have nothing to compare it to. I hope they do firmware updates to correct and add options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
It happened to my unit last summer. The speaker can be turned up to full volume and its very low audio and high pitched.
There is a fix in the works as mentioned above. I was one of the lucky ones to work with UnicationDavid on a fix but i was asked to not provide any details.

GTO_04

So am I to take away from this that there is a new battery door available (or will be available) to fix the audio distortion issue?

GTO_04

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
This issue was resolved with installing a vent in the battery door. The G4 and G5 are IP67 waterproof and dust proof, so the unit was totally sealed creating natural internal pressure on the speaker. The battery doors now have a very small vent with a Gortex barrier keeping the IP67 but allowing the unit to "breathe". All the new units will have the updated battery doors.
Try Contacting your Dealer for a new battery door if you have an earlier version.

GTO_04

This issue was resolved with installing a vent in the battery door. The G4 and G5 are IP67 waterproof and dust proof, so the unit was totally sealed creating natural internal pressure on the speaker. The battery doors now have a very small vent with a Gortex barrier keeping the IP67 but allowing the unit to "breathe". All the new units will have the updated battery doors.
Try Contacting your Dealer for a new battery door if you have an earlier version.

Thank you very much!

GTO_04

cpetraglia

Finally some sense made from this. Explains why I never had an issue with my G4. It never leaves the house so I never snugged the screws. Just tightened till they took the slack from the door thus not sealing. Why did it take nearly a year to get the answer? First I've heard. !!

GTO_04

I sent an e-mail to Ray's Pagers asking about this, and I had my new battery door 2 days later! It is hard to top customer service like that!

GTO_04

Status
Not open for further replies.