BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Signals Cut Off Intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.

jromeo

Signals Cut Off Intermittently [SOLVED]

SOLVED. Why didn't I search the forums first? It was so weird that I didn't think anyone else could possibly have it. Wrong.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...ct15x-reception-cuts-out-every-5-seconds.html

I have a Uniden BCD996P2 that I've had for about a month. I own two of them. This particular one behaves identically to the other with one exception. Any transmission that lasts longer than 5 seconds or so cuts off for about a half to full second before resuming. This is not a case of someone letting off the PTT button.

The signal strength meter disappears completely for a second, then reappears to display its original strength prior to the cutoff.

I've timed the interval between transmissions that are long enough, and I can consistently reproduce it.

The system type makes no difference: conventional or trunked. Choice of antenna makes no difference. The frequency makes no difference: Police, Fire, CHP, public services, ham radio, air traffic, news, channels I've programmed and others I just find scanning. The one exception to this is weather, which does not seem to be affected on any of the two frequencies I receive.

The signals are loud and clear, just that annoying cut off. Is there a setting I can change or any way to more specifically troubleshoot? Any ideas are welcome. Thank you!

Last edited:

stirling_sd

As a new guy to scanning, which I am, I assumed this was because of signal loss. Until I saw this post that is. I can see where it would be really common to have an issue. And for what it's worth, I've given the manual a through going over. If it's in there, I missed it.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
This has to be the most common scanner question on this site. If people would just take the time to read their manuals they would enjoy their scanners a lot more.

and I guess if users did not have question about their scanner's we would not not need these forums. I think it's great to swap info with others and I thought that is what the forums were for.

Status
Not open for further replies.