Rockaway Twp. Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

It looks like Rockaway has started the migration of the PD from analog to DMR on 154.785. Can anyone in the county take a listen & provide the info?

Thanks!

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Well then this means it was pointless to putting this channel in my Moto CDM 1550.

What is the point of these units going to DMR? Privacy?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Not privacy, their analog system was quite old hardware. The new stuff gives portable coverage in parts of the township that were just modestly usable by a mobile radio.

Sent from may Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 6

W2SJW

Database Admin
I have a friend with Hunterdon County Communications that was inquiring about the DMR interference on PD NORTH for them. I was tuned in late last Wednesday evening and heard the DMR stream all the way up Rt 31 from Lebanon Twp, with the peak in signal near the bottom of Washington Twp. near the border with Hampton.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Geez. Looks like I will have to add them to my BCD436 which I got the DMR upgrade for. I only got it on two scanners, cause to pay for them all is some crazy stuff.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Guys,

It looks like Rockaway has started the migration of the PD from analog to DMR on 154.785. Can anyone in the county take a listen & provide the info?

Thanks!

I programmed today - See if I pick them up. I receive the Conventional fire decently where I am, so let's see if I catch anything on the DMR side for them today.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I got this so far:
TGID: 1435000
CC8
S1

I cannot get all of that on my BCD325p2 but I would be willing to confirm the CC8 but I am not sure I am hearing audio for some reason. It is coming up on the Proscan and capturing it, but not sure I actually heard audio just yet...then again, multiple scanners and I am on the phone...but...there must be something if the Logging on ProScan caught it

W2SJW

Database Admin
I captured the same just this afternoon when doing a service call in the township. Thank GOD they are not running RAS!

I've updated the DB.

Also, FWIW, it appears like numerous other public safety agencies, the TG and unit ID's are matched to the municipal ID.

Last edited:

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I know the VHF Analog 154.785 is Nutley PD I believe....I'd have to look up the PL, but very interesting to have digital operating over analog....

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
Confirming 154.7850 TGID=14350000 CC=8 SL=1 for police is correct. Sounds like they could use some audio tweaks or firmware updates.

1435 is the dispatch console radio ID. The numbering system is pretty standard. 14 for the county 35 for the municipality and then unit numbers following that.

There is a plan to upgrade fire to the new radio system sometime in the future, they need to outfit all the vehicles and chiefs with new radios. I don't know specifics but I assume paging will still remain the same.

W2SJW

Database Admin
We need someone to sit on that frequency for a few days in hopes of catching their 'channel 2' on slot 2...

Sent from may Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 6

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I have a friend with Hunterdon County Communications that was inquiring about the DMR interference on PD NORTH for them. I was tuned in late last Wednesday evening and heard the DMR stream all the way up Rt 31 from Lebanon Twp, with the peak in signal near the bottom of Washington Twp. near the border with Hampton.

From where I am in Somerset County, Rockaway DMR is a strapping signal as is Hunderdon. Nutley is weak but readable.

I did a FCC database search for 154.785. I can see only one Rockaway license for 154.785. I can see no emission designator for DMR.

That could be a problem

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KEI621 - ROCKAWAY, TOWNSHIP OF

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 206

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yep, someone slipped up (either them, or Spectrum).

The FD/EMS repeater is going to be even more interesting - it's only rated for 11W ERP...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.