Looking for repeater in Roseland NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4KVE

In a few weeks, I will be going to Roseland NJ with a few co workers. Roseland is about 10 miles west of Newark, & 6 miles south of Montclair. We need to find a DMR repeater we can use for 10 minutes each day for 1 week. Coordinating rides from the motel to the job site, where to go for dinner, etc. We do not want to tie up valuable resources by using a TG that would rebroadcast our transmissions in the whole tri state area. Just a local TG9 to only use the one local repeater. We will only have HT's with us. The NYC repeaters will probably be too far away, & they will probably be too busy. I have looked up pages where they show NJ repeaters, but my experience tells me 1/2 the repeaters on the list are gone, & some repeaters that do work are not on the list. I see a N2DCE repeater in Montclair NJ which seems close. 447.225 rx, & 442.225 tx. CC1. Does it have TG9 for local use, & what TS would it be on? I tried to E-mail the owner, but haven't heard back. Or is there an analog, or P25 repeater on UHF, or 902/927 we could use that would offer HT coverage in Roseland. So I need to find a repeater that is known to be working today, vs a repeater that is on a list, but nobody actually knows if is working. My DMR ID is 3112082. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

Last edited:

KF5ZIS

RFinder shows that repeater as off the air.

N2DCE - Montclair-Off Air, NJ (DMR/MARC)

Brandmeister N2WNS is a bit to the west, but they have TG9 on TS2, according to their March 15th update.

The coverage map on their Facebook page and on RFinder.net appears to include Roseland.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
As of this past Weds evening, I was hearing something on the N2DCE pair on my MD-380. In the past it was always the DMR repeater, but sounded like an analog repeater on Weds... lots of background hiss, which is not DMR-like at all. Maybe the N2DCE repeater is moving to a different freq?

Your best bets are listed in Repeaterbook.com - KM4WUD / Paramus, N2JTI Orangeburg, WA2JWR / Toms River...and others.

Last edited:

KF5ZIS

As of this past Weds evening, I was hearing something on the N2DCE pair on my MD-380. In the past it was always the DMR repeater, but sounded like an analog repeater on Weds... lots of background hiss, which is not DMR-like at all. Maybe the N2DCE repeater is moving to a different freq?

No clue, Nick. All I know is that both RFinder and DMR-MARC list N2DCE in Roseland as off air.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
447.875 PL 156.7 W2QR Repeater in Essex County located about 600 feet ASL on top of the Watchung Mountain ridge. Uses a nice Super Stationmaster antenna putting out about 400 watts ERP. You can hit it with 1 watt and a wet noodle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
P25 70cm Repeaters

Here are a few 70cm P25 Repeaters. Little Falls repeaters have their antennas on the WNJM CH 50 TV Tower at Montclair State University and have excellent range and should cover the Roseland Area.
The Wayne Repeater is located near WPU also has excellent range.

• 443.05000 +5 WX2TV RM 293 NAC WX2TV P25 Little Falls
    (Analog 141.3 Enc)

• 443.45000 +5 WO2X RM 293 NAC WO2X P25 Little Falls
    (Analog 141.3 Enc)

• 442.00000 +5 WA2SQQ RM 293 NAC WA2SQQ P25 Wayne
    (Analog 156.7 Enc)

W2SJW

Database Admin
Most definitely on the air, regardless of what the listings say (there is traffic on it quite frequently in the last-heard). Yes, it supports local on 9...

ansky

How many people are you coordinating? You can't do this via text or cell?

N4KVE

How many people are you coordinating? You can't do this via text or cell?

I only know 1 of the 4 other guys. We are all arriving in Newark on different planes. Last I heard, you can't talk to 4 other phones at the same time, but you can if everyone has a radio. Plus I hate texting.

ansky

I only know 1 of the 4 other guys. We are all arriving in Newark on different planes. Last I heard, you can't talk to 4 other phones at the same time, but you can if everyone has a radio.plus I hate texting.

Group text. I do it all the time with much more than 4 people.

N2DLX

Premium Subscriber
You can use Zello, a PTT app if you all have a smartphone. You can create a private "channel" for the group and it will be private and work anywhere you have a cell/WiFi connection.

N4KVE

Thanks. Many people have replied with local freq's, so I'm sure one of them will work. Figured if I found a DMR repeater, I might try to connect with the guys back home, but this will be a business trip, so there won't be much time to play with radios.

AC2OY

447.875 PL 156.7 W2QR Repeater in Essex County located about 600 feet ASL on top of the Watchung Mountain ridge. Uses a nice Super Stationmaster antenna putting out about 400 watts ERP. You can hit it with 1 watt and a wet noodle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That made me chuckle.....LOL 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.