St. Joe Countys new P25 is a B to pick up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTER

Are you guys that are listening St. Joe Countys new P25 system having trouble with high err rates? My 436 is all over the place and tried a lot of settings how you doing?

vocoder

Yes, the p25 appears to be more "narrow banded" then moto. And distance for receiving CC is less from the same individual sites before the upgrade.

Last edited:

vocoder

Time to break out the yagi / directional ant or re-position the yagi. If one site goes stale on a simulcast, I always try another site with the yagi / directional ant.

usswood

Yes, the p25 appears to be more "narrow banded" then moto. And distance for receiving CC is less from the same individual sites before the upgrade.

Ours started in low power mode for the first few days, then they went full power, so that might be the case up their also... Only time will tell...

dubs0980

Premium Subscriber
Agreed. I haven't had much time to play with settings but both my TRX-1 and 436Hp are getting crushed and missing transmissions when not hooked up to a yagi. Hopefully I can tweak some things and/or they play with the power output as the week goes on and it helps.

dubs0980

Premium Subscriber
My 436hp is doing pretty well with manual 8 threshold. But the TRX is still useless around town when not hooked up to the yagi at home.

SCOTTER

I seen on the news Mishawaka is joining the state P25 system soon thats too bad they have a great P25 system now. That got me thinking when they switch will they join simulcast hell cause they patch now sometimes and how are the 396xts handling the new p25 up here does anyone know?

dubs0980

Premium Subscriber
I seen on the news Mishawaka is joining the state P25 system soon thats too bad they have a great P25 system now. That got me thinking when they switch will they join simulcast hell cause they patch now sometimes and how are the 396xts handling the new p25 up here does anyone know?

Do you have a link to this story? I noticed units have the new SafeT RID scheme but figured with both being p25 the interop is even easier than before. I don't see why they would ditch their relatively new voice and data system. Plus its a nice backup for our county if SafeT has issues.

SCOTTER

It was on WSBT TV ch 22 last week I would search there website. As far as Mishawaka I hope your right they have a great system that has came in great for years on my xt when I had it and the 436 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.