Unidentified Turnpike VHF frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
I was perusing the FCC database this evening, and came across a VHF frequency for the Turnpike that I had previously not encountered, 154.280 MHz. Can anyone shed any light on this? The license is WQNH835, and the main page of the license indicates this frequency is authorized under section 90.20a, "County Interoperability Communcations". It's authorized for a single site, at Reeser's Summit in York County. However, I see nothing in the database for York County, Dauphin County or Cumberland County that lists this as an active channel.

W3DMV

Common used mutual aid channel normally used
Between counties and agencies. The turnpike is
active on this frequency especially when there is
a crash or fire that requires a response from equipment
from other areas...

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
154.280 is used statewide in MD as a county to county interop for coordiation of resources during responses across county lines. Here in PA, it is used mainly by those counties bordering or near MD.

Chester, Lancaster, York, Cumberland, Franklin, and some others. It used to be listed on the county pages for those counties. Seems as though somebody else deleted the entries.

I'm going to guess that since this frequency is nationally designated nowadays as VFIRE21, it was deleted from the county pages as per this guideline on duplication of entries from the DB Admin handbook:

6.2.2. STATEWIDE OR MULTI-COUNTY FREQUENCIES
In general, a frequency with a given usage shall never be entered more than once in the database....

There is more to the section, but it didn't paste well and I don't have time to type the whole thing in here. The gist is that this frequency should not be listed multiple times in the DB. Since it is on the national level page: National Interoperability Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference, it got deleted on the local pages.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
I see. It never occurred to me to check the Nationwide Interoperability channel list. Thank you for the information!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.