Thread Name Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcat

I was curious as to how the name of a thread I started was renamed?

How to improve 436 UHF reception

was changed to

UHF Noise from Battery Compartment

I did not request to change the name and now the link under the original name is dead.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Looks like a moderator merged a thread that may have been started around March 15 with your older thread. In the merge, the thread title of the newer thread was applied to the merged thread.

This looks like it might be the first post in the merged thread that came from the newer thread:
http://forums.radioreference.com/un...noise-battery-compartment-29.html#post2733309

I wasn't the moderator who merged the thread, but it looks like the whole thread is talking about noise coming from the battery compartment when scanning UHF frequencies so that's why the "UHF Noise from Battery Compartment" name was applied.

BTW, I moved this particular thread from System Administration to Forums Administration. System Administration applies to the whole site, not just the forums.

Last edited:

bearcat

Looks like a moderator merged a thread that may have been started around March 15 with your older thread. In the merge, the thread title of the newer thread was applied to the merged thread.

This looks like it might be the first post in the merged thread that came from the newer thread:
http://forums.radioreference.com/un...noise-battery-compartment-29.html#post2733309

I wasn't the moderator who merged the thread, but it looks like the whole thread is talking about noise coming from the battery compartment when scanning UHF frequencies so that's why the "UHF Noise from Battery Compartment" name was applied.

BTW, I moved this particular thread from System Administration to Forums Administration. System Administration applies to the whole site, not just the forums.
Thank you!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It's unfortunate that the thread title was changed, because it really tells less [encourages less people to view it who otherwise might actually want/need to read it]. If you have a BCD436HP and are having trouble with UHF reception [many many do], that's the threat to read.

"UHF Noise from Battery Compartment" doesn't encourage anyone to go there because it is so generic. Could be referencing a 25 year old scanner.

Mike

AK9R

Super Moderator
Thread titles in some parts of the forum make use of a Prefix that is selected using a drop down selection list. I have edited the thread title to read "UHF Reception Issues due to Noise from Battery Compartment". That title has the prefix of "BCD436HP".

When viewed in the forum list, the full title is now "BCD436HP: UHF Reception Issues due to Noise from Battery Compartment".

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thread titles in some parts of the forum make use of a Prefix that is selected using a drop down selection list. I have edited the thread title to read "UHF Reception Issues due to Noise from Battery Compartment". That title has the prefix of "BCD436HP".

When viewed in the forum list, the full title is now "BCD436HP: UHF Reception Issues due to Noise from Battery Compartment".

Sweet. Thanks for doing that. Very useful thread.

- Mike

bearcat

Thank you. That was my thought folks really did not relate to the new title.
Thanks again.

AK9R

Super Moderator
Someone asks for the thread to be stuck, gives good reasons for why the post should be stuck, and a moderator sticks it if he believes that doing so would be justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.