• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

said73us

I need CPS software for HT1250. Model :
AAH25KDF9AA5ANFD

becuse my soft ware can only program this. Model :
AAH25KDF9AA5AN

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
Your cps can program an ht1250 but only the second model number?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

clbsquared

You need the Federal version of CPS. Good luck. There use to be a way to hex edit Professional CPS to open up all the regions. I'm not sure where you could start looking. Google it.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

said73us

What is the deference between the 2 Models ?

What is the deference between the 2 models OF HT1250 Model AAH25KDF9AA5ANFD and Model AAH25KDF9AA5AN?
Why CPS can program Model AAH25KDF9AA5AN and cannot program Model AAH25KDF9AA5ANFD ?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
What is the deference between the 2 models OF HT1250 Model AAH25KDF9AA5ANFD and Model AAH25KDF9AA5AN?

Why CPS can program Model AAH25KDF9AA5AN and cannot program Model AAH25KDF9AA5ANFD ?

You already started a thread about this. I don't think we should be discussing the same issue in two different threads.

SCPD

QRT
To answer this question, one version of the firmware or model rather was issued at one point as federal government or government equipment. To stop unauthorized programming they required at time of the day it's own cps to prevent tampering and what the state/federal government wanted. You would need the proper cps or know how. Sums it up basically.

I will not get into it further as RR polices in place prohibit certain things. But hope that answers your question to why both same band type, same models one ending slightly different require 2 different cps versions.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
To answer this question, one version of the firmware or model rather was issued at one point as federal government or government equipment. To stop unauthorized programming they required at time of the day it's own cps to prevent tampering and what the state/federal government wanted. You would need the proper cps or know how. Sums it up basically.

I will not get into it further as RR polices in place prohibit certain things. But hope that answers your question to why both same band type, same models one ending slightly different require 2 different cps versions.

He was given the same answer in his first thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.