SunTrust Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Anyone close enough to the new Braves stadium with a DMR capable scanner to get any LCN or talkgroup details for the new Cap+ system there?

I answered my own question. Took more detective work than I thought, but it turns out SunTrust Park is essentially a combination of a LTR analog trunked system (Atlanta Braves) and a MotoTRBO Capacity Plus DMR digital trunked system (Braves Development Company, which operates SunTrust Park and the adjacent The Battery Atlanta mixed use development).

See https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=9574 for the two radio systems and the details I've been able to figure out so far.

Dan

Radio1592

Neat! My office is very close to SunTrust Park. What DMR-ready scanner would you recommend?

DanRollman

Database Admin
Neat! My office is very close to SunTrust Park. What DMR-ready scanner would you recommend?

I use the Uniden BCD436 with DMR Upgrade, for MotoTRBO trunking monitoring. I use a Connect Systems CS750 and CS751 radios for conventional DMR monitoring.

Note, though, that the DMR trunked system is really just for Braves Development Company, which is the operator of The Battery / SunTrust Park. So far, all I have found on that system is a talkgroup for Security and one for Maintenance/Housekeeping outside the park at The Battery. Not a lot of activity.

During an actual Braves game, most activity is actually on the team's analog LTR system. This is separate from the Braves Development Company. And of course most old, cheap trunking scanners will monitor that just fine.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.