Motorola Capacity Plus LCN Order On Two Frequency System

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I spent some time today listening to a two frequency Motorola Capacity Plus. I have the correct RF frequencies, Color Code, Talkgroups, but now I am beginning to suspect that the LCN order listed on the Radio Reference database may be incorrect. They are shown as 1) and 2) with the higher frequency shown first.

So, my questions are as follows:

-On a two frequency system, is the LCN Order still critical? I assume it is, so I guess to ask it a different way , how critical?

-Is there any general rules of thumb when system designers set these up? Do most set them up as LCN 1 and 2 on two channels systems, or could it just as easily be LCN 4 and 12? Or LCN 17 and 19?

The reason I suspect they are wrong seems to match what others here have posted. I am listening, conventionally, on a transceiver, and the BCD325P2 gets some traffic and missed other traffic.

It sort of seems like the LCN Order is the "Achilles Heel" of the Uniden scanners right now with monitoring Capacity Plus.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
On uniden or Motorola radios it is critical, since the radios go to the channel stated. Channels go in order and don't skip like LTR systems can. I just double checked in Motorola cps and you have to enter in order with no way to skip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JASII

Memory Capacity
On uniden or Motorola radios it is critical, since the radios go to the channel stated. Channels go in order and don't skip like LTR systems can. I just double checked in Motorola cps and you have to enter in order with no way to skip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is great to know and thank you very much for the reply. The system I am interested in shows 1) 464.975 2) 464.175. A fellow hobbyist sent me a message that it is the opposite, 1) 464.175 2) 464.975. Earlier today I did have it programmed as 1) 464.975 2) 464.175. I did hear some traffic, but I missed others. I know that because I was also monitoring on another radio. I will try it tomorrow programmed the other way.

Also, very good to know about the order. I have read some listing the order sort of jumping around. Knowing that it not possible in the CPS will help map local systems. Thanks again!

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
With only two frequencies, it would be simple to set up a second site that was reversed and turn them on one at a time.
If you are still missing traffic, I would look toward there being additional frequencies.

chris

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
That is great to know and thank you very much for the reply. The system I am interested in shows 1) 464.975 2) 464.175. A fellow hobbyist sent me a message that it is the opposite, 1) 464.175 2) 464.975. Earlier today I did have it programmed as 1) 464.975 2) 464.175. I did hear some traffic, but I missed others. I know that because I was also monitoring on another radio. I will try it tomorrow programmed the other way.

Also, very good to know about the order. I have read some listing the order sort of jumping around. Knowing that it not possible in the CPS will help map local systems. Thanks again!

If you are able to confirm errors in the database, please let us know. You're absolutely right that the LCN order issue is kind of an Achilles heel, just as it is with EDACS and LTR systems; in situations like this we're dependent upon users like you to help us keep things straight, so any help you can provide is appreciated!

JASII

Memory Capacity
wx5uif,

I have another Motorola Capacity Plus question. What is the maximum number of frequencies that a Motorola Capacity Plus system can use? When I research this, I get conflicting answers. Most often, I see either 6 or 8. Perhaps it was 6 and is now 8. It would be nice to know.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.