NY CBer's

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfernaays

Anyone out there a CBer in NY, i am setting up a base station and i am interested in what chat channels are popular. I understand that CB is under powered and unrefined as Ham and i am working toward a Ham licence.. but anyone from NY now understands apprehension to getting licences for anything, Preppers and 2A supporters are behind enemy lines. What hot channels to you lean too?

Don57

Premium Subscriber
You don't say what part on NY you're in. If you're on Long Island CB radio is dead. I go through the channels a few times a week. I can't remember the last time I heard anything. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is. I'm sure if you're upstate there is probably some trucker traffic.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
It's take a mass amount of power in NYC to penetrate the skyline but I'd love to see a new age club around. Low band is dying as well. To bad there isn't low band club that isn't ham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

namhcor

CB is dead in the NYC Metropolitan area because everyone moved to amateur radio (mostly 2 meters or 70 cm) or GMRS. Just listen to some of the more popular ham or GMRS repeaters and you will think you are listening to CB!

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
With all the CB equipment I see on eBay we could rebuild an army of CBer's

nfernaays

With all the CB equipment I see on eBay we could rebuild an army of CBer's

This is why i decided to start out with CB, equipment is so much cheaper than Ham rigs. I will eventually move on to Ham but i do not see a reason why CB would be so dead, inexpensive and easy!

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Are there any rules against linking cb via roip?
Just curious...

k2hz

Database Admin
Are there any rules against linking cb via roip?
Just curious...

§ 95.419 (CB Rule 19) May I operate my CB station transmitter by remote control?
(a) You may not operate a CB station transmitter by radio remote control.

(b) You may operate a CB transmitter by wireline remote control if you obtain specific approval in writing from the FCC. To obtain FCC approval, you must show why you need to operate your station by wireline remote control. If you receive FCC approval, you must keep the approval as part of your station records. See CB Rule 27, § 95.427.

(c) Remote control means operation of a CB transmitter from any place other than the location of the CB transmitter. Direct mechanical control or direct electrical control by wire from some point on the same premises, craft or vehicle as the CB transmitter is not considered remote control.

[ 48 FR 24894, June 3, 1983, as amended at 57 FR 40343, Sept. 3, 1992; 63 FR 68976, Dec. 14, 1998]

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
Active NYC Channels

All in NYC

Very active 6 day/Nught
40 evening

Slower activity
1-2-31-32-

19 all hours. Got back into it I am in NYC
Brooklyn. HF Bands dead at times to now operate both

PM me I am a ham radio extra and CB guy from 1977 pm me with your information will reach out to you

73's

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I am moving up to 150th and Amsterdam in the city. I'll be a bit higher up than where I am now, once I get set up in a few weeks I'll pm you.

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
FYI would love to get a group going on CB NYC area

Contact me for channel information anyone interested

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Channel 1 is somewhat active in the Hudson Valley area. I hear some locals there from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.