Scanner recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmb1960

Hello to all. Looking for recommendations for a scanner to use here in Wabasha county that will receive law enforcement, MNDOT, county fire and possibly barge traffic on the Mississippi as I am located outside of the city of Wabasha. Two I had in mind are the Whistler 1040 and the RS Pro 651 Thanks in advance for any and all responses!!

stmills

Both scanners you listed will do a decent job on the ARMER system. If you are looking new I would also consider the Uniden BCD325p2, this will also work on P25 phase 2. ARMER currently does not have p2 Talkgroups on the system but likely may start to see them after the next system upgrade. The 325 also can have DMR decoding added as an upgrade.

jmb1960

Thank you Steve for your input. I'll probably go with one that is used to start with. Would I be able to get anything from the counties surrounding Wabasha county, be it in Minnesota or Wisconsin? It's been a long time since I had a scanner, still trying to grasp the ARMER system.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
I recently bought the 325p2 and the DMR update and it works really slick. The previous radio I was using was a 396xt..it works nicely also, but I don't think there will be anymore firmware updates..Plus no P25 phase 2 support in that one

Status
Not open for further replies.