New SEPTA P25 Phase 2 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I was totally surprised by it, as well. Buuuttttt, it's licensed now. Perhaps having the transit PD operating on the system was used as a "positive"?

Septa3371CSX1

I'm wondering what allocation those 700 MHz frequencies came from (state, county, other). I knew they would need a new frequency band since they're currently on T Band. Also be interesting to see if they migrate Transit PD and other conventional operations (Subway/Elevated) onto the system since they also use T Band frequencies.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Transit Pd and other operations like subway etc will be switching over they will be losing the rebroadcast of ppd j band however there will be a philly pd talk group on there for septa and ppd to talk. Also hearing rumors of police being encrypted. Also heard possibly chance of cct being on the same system cct is septa paratransit operations this all came from a reliable source of mine in septa

cru1242

Senior Newbie-12th Year
Premium Subscriber
This is on the SEPTA website under "Rebuilding The System":

Computer Aided Radio Dispatch (CARD) System Replacement

This project will replace the existing Computer Aided Radio Dispatch (CARD) system. The project will retire the existing 502MHz radio system and replace it with a new state-of-the-art Computer Aided Dispatch and communications network. The new CARD system will be used to dispatch SEPTA buses and trolleys. The new system will provide real-time train arrival information to be displayed on existing and new Audio Visual Public Address (AVPA) signs, as well as the SEPTA website. The project will modernize and improve reliability of vehicle, AVPA and website data.

Budget: $32.5 M

Design Start: Winter 2016

Construction Start: Winter 2018

Septa3371CSX1

CCT is already on the current 500 MHz system (talkgroups in the 4816-5296 range).

It was already announced that SEPTA will be replacing the current Orbital AMDT devices with Clever Devices. These alone should make things 10x better.

Status
Not open for further replies.