Mini dipole 800 mhz antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dromanchyk

Any users of the Spectrum force mini window dipole antenna (UHF/800) out there ? Looks like it might be the only option for me. I saw one guys post on youtube and he was very satisfied. Anyone else ? Thanks.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
wow... sorry to hear that. One guy posted that he liked it. Did you find a suitable replacement . BTW, thanks for the offer.

I still use the RS800 Radio Shack 800MHz rubber ducky.

Antennas can be weird. What works great for one, might not work for the other.

spacellamaman

Kwik Tek STIK-a-FLAG Water Ski Flag

academy sports was clearing these out for a buck a year or so ago (they still carry them at the $7 buck price though) and i liked the look of the suction cup.

Kwik Tek STIK-a-FLAG Water Ski Flag | Academy

long story short, best suction cup ever and the center hole for the flag pole accommodates a F to BNC female + F coupler combo.

RS800 on bnc/top side, 3ft rg6 coming out the bottom with F to BNC male adapter and slapped in right rear window. never has it come unstuck (held up under multiple jerks, me included) and the best solution i have ever managed (there have been many tried).

yeah 7 bucks for a suction cup is horrible, but if you can force yourself, i think you'll be pleased.

Dromanchyk

OK, that sounds intriguing. I didnt see it at academy sports (maybe they are all out) but amazon has them. Any chance of seeing a photo on how yours is set up ? If my mini-dipole doesnt work, it might be a solution.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.