• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

just got my G5V today

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got my G5V today and have a problem with the speaker will not un-mute

the problem i have isi can't seem to UN-MUTE the speaker for trunking with out the alert tone been working on it for a few hours i'm lost.pager does scan just no voice the speaker on the display has a line threw it.if i hold the side monitor button works fine must of screwed something in the setting.

Last edited:

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
when your in the pps and setting up your zone there should be an option for push to listen select no. and to fix the channel alert its a drop down menu in the same location as stated select silent

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
when you change each channel it talks it their a way to stop the voice channel Announcement to silent?

Yes. It's a drop down near the top of the channel knob selectors. I'm not looking at PPS right now, but I think it's just to the left of the selection for the scan type.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The little thing really pulls in trunked systems. You're going to really like it. Once you get the PPS down LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

been working on the code plug for a few months to program this G5V works GREAT no more XTS-2500 never did take it out of the house did not want to answer questions about it lol now i'm LEGAL

back lighting

i think this pager when you turn up or down the VOL it use to light up and show you with the back lighting on? now i have to hit the top side button before i turn it up or down in VOL? sure is a lot to learn in this G5V

troymail

Silent Key
When I adjust the volume, it's a bit slow to light up if at all. What I've found is the more programming you have onboard, the more sluggish user interaction becomes... maybe a fix will come a some point but it's a small price to pay for the great reception.

one more question i have 21 zone's now i have Z22 is user define and 23 is CH.Setting how do i remove them in the zone line up? your answer eorange works GREAT on both systems i use a Astro Plus for my cleveland fire base radio this picks up WAY before my base does

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
your answer eorange works GREAT on both systems i use a Astro Plus for my cleveland fire base radio this picks up WAY before my base does
Ok, so I guess there's 2 questions:

1. Do you pick up more, which is yes.

2. How about the LSM distortion? Do you hear any?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I have noticed on mine if im parked on a conventional channel or scanning conventional, the unit kind of goes into a sleep mode where turning the volume knob doesnt light up the screen.
However if im on a trunking channel or scanning trunking and adjust volume then the screen does turn on. Probably a bug but its how i have been used to the pager operating.

IAmSixNine Signal-Zero told me its because of how zones are programmed in it and takes time to catch up lol other than that works GREAT

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
My doesnt do it late, it simply does not do it at all.
As i mentioned before with trunking personalities adjusting volume does light up screen.
Adjusting conventional personalities screen never turns on.
That to me does not indicate a lag due to overloaded processor.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Could be a placebo affect for me. The trunking systems are also busier then the conventional i monitor. So with the trunking having more activity the unit is not going into a deeper sleep mode like its doing on conventional.
Ill test it with a single channel trunking thats not busy and see if it stays off when i adjust volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.