• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiomankc

Hello, I am new to the Kenwood KPG programming and have a simple question. I have analog, DMR and P25 channels to add. Is there a way to have these multiple protocols in a single Zone? If not, how do a create separate protocol zones? I've figured out how to set up a single profile but how do I add multiple profiles..i.e. One for analog, one for DMR and one for P25?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
If you user personality tables. Otherwise no.

Go to product, open thar, and table type.
You can not flip back and forth, you have to have a separate code plug for the two types of formats.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind, right now there is no export function, so plan accordingly, don't download a 1000 things and then change your mind. Start small first.

Last edited:

radiomankc

Kenwood NX-5000 - NOAA

I have set up a NOAA ZONE/Channel group with all NOAA Freq. I just want it to alert on 1050Hz. Where do I set this in programming? I've set up an 1050Hz in it's separate bank but cannot get squelch to open only after 1050Hz.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Under 2 tone. Make it analog, not NXDN, and I believe you can set tone a and b blank.

radiomankc

I did under the 2 tone but cannot proper;y assign the silence until tone on the scanning bank.

radiomankc

To everyone's help here, I got everything working.! Except I have a NOAA bank wiith all noaa freq and have enabled the 1050Hz tone but I can get that bank silenced to only alert on 1050Hz. It scans and grabs the noaa freqs. I just want it silent until it tones 1050Hz.

ohiohonda

There are three things that have to be set for the radio to function that way. First you must set one of the decode two tone settings for the 1050HZ tone and duration. Second you must set the optional signaling on the channels that you want the two tone or work on. This is under the Channel Edit tab and labeled as optional signaling (analog). Third if you only want this channel to unmute when it receives the optional signaling you must set the audio control for qt / dqt and optional signaling. This setting would be under the system that the channels are assigned to, personal features, and under the analog section. I don't know how well this will work if you are trying to decode that 1050HZ tone while scanning. Depending on how many channels are in the scan back you could miss a portion of the tone and the radio would not unmute on that channel. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.