Dumb question -- battery charging on HP436

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisindot

Okay, I know this is probably a dumb question but how do I know when my 436 is fully charged? When I click the "top ' button to get a battery reading all it shows is the voltage. I've charged it overnight a few times and the voltage never seems to get higher than 4.6v. Is there some kind of icon that tells you when it's full? Thanks!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No. Different batteries have different "fully charged" voltages.

SCOTTER

My 396xt and 436 batteries that I got with them and most 2300 batteries are at 4.07 to 412 when fully charged in the the scanner with the scanner on. They might be higher when first use them but they drop down to a level thats around those numbers. Just do some testing with it like having it on for a few hours then charge for a few hours

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is no way to really know the charge state of NiMH batteries by simply looking at the voltage. The voltage will be affected by immediate current draw, overall health of the cell, etc.

raisindot

Maybe a sillier question, but when I use rechargeable (or any) batteries in my HP-1 it "shows" battery level as a "gauge" not a voltage number. Why the difference between these two models?

Status
Not open for further replies.