FCC’s Comment System Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

FCC

The FCC said its electronic comment filing system (ECFS) was hacked, causing delays for consumers trying to file comments.

“Beginning on Sunday night at midnight, our analysis reveals that the FCC was subject to multiple distributed denial-of-service attacks (DDoS),” said FCC Chief Information Officer (CIO) Dr. David Bray. “These were deliberate attempts by external actors to bombard the FCC’s comment system with a high amount of traffic to our commercial cloud host. These actors were not attempting to file comments themselves; rather they made it difficult for legitimate commenters to access and file with the FCC.

“While the comment system remained up and running the entire time, these DDoS events tied up the servers and prevented them from responding to people attempting to submit comments. We have worked with our commercial partners to address this situation and will continue to monitor developments going forward.”

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
It was not hacked. It wasn't DDoS'ed either. The FCC just insists on refusing to allow certain television comedians/commentators to receive credit for their truthful commentary that concluded in insisting viewers file comments regarding Net Neutrality.

RFI-EMI-GUY

It was not hacked. It wasn't DDoS'ed either. The FCC just insists on refusing to allow certain television comedians/commentators to receive credit for their truthful commentary that concluded in insisting viewers file comments regarding Net Neutrality.

Coincidentally I was uploading comments on another matter, WT 10-119 that night and could not get the site to work. I had two browsers and multiple upload attempts going on. I hope the FCC doesn't tag me as the DDOS attacker!

I cannot imagine who would DDOS in response to the Net Neutrality issue. If this were really a DDOS I would be looking at the Corporate players, not "hackers".

toastycookies

hmmmm

dMM468L.png

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
No, they're not DDOSing the site. Instead, they're submitting thousands of identical anti- net neutrality comments using forged names. Sequential forged names. Because they're idiots.

More like legitimate pro-net neutrality commenters using legitimate names with legitimate pro-net neutrality concerns, including the conflict of interest of Ajit Pai's former employer.

TDR-94

No, they're not DDOSing the site. Instead, they're submitting thousands of identical anti- net neutrality comments using forged names. Sequential forged names. Because they're idiots.

Plus, people shouldn't be listening to walking billboards a.k.a,"celebrities"and their agendas.

Rred

DDoS is a denial of service. Efffectively, flooding the servers and DENYING SERVICE to the target.

That's not at all the same as being "hacked", which means someone has penetrated your system and taken it over, or made changes within it.

Great White Chief Who Sits In Washington speaks with forqued tongue. Or perhaps, they're just getting on the program with alternative facts?

J

jlmaddencc

Why are Republicans like you are scared of Celebrities

Plus, people shouldn't be listening to walking billboards a.k.a,"celebrities"and their agendas.

The FCC shouldn't be listening to Political Hacks like Rush or Mark or Sean or Laura that tell a very perverted view of my Republican Party and my Christian religion, if it takes 150 Celebrities to equal 1.5 such Political Hacks, then so be it, Fair is Fair, if the "celebrities" scare you then you'll make comments like that. Remember Jesus was a liberal, because an ultra-conservative would never question the status quo.

toastycookies

DDoS is a denial of service. Efffectively, flooding the servers and DENYING SERVICE to the target.

That's not at all the same as being "hacked", which means someone has penetrated your system and taken it over, or made changes within it.

Great White Chief Who Sits In Washington speaks with forqued tongue. Or perhaps, they're just getting on the program with alternative facts?

They were not hacked/cracked/DDoS'd, etc.

There was some bot action, however minor compared to real life people action.

Tm2sTdS.jpg

source: https://twitter.com/JFoss117

Status
Not open for further replies.